1984 Chevrolet K30 Camping/Backroad truck

elpoffroad

Adventurer
Trip to the lake Elephant Butte

Well my wife and I had a split moment decision and we chose instead of staying home for 4th of July weekend we would go to the lake and go have some fun. We decided to take both the k30 with the slide in camper and the excursion. I had worked all week on getting mostly everything finished in the excursion and the new ac unit for the camper. My friend and I decided to take off early in my k30 since my wife had to work until 7pm and she would meet us up at the lake. We got to the lake and got to making dinner and to our enjoyment there was a firework display going on while we were cooking. After a malfunction with my camping stove we moved inside the camper to finish cooking. My friend cooked and my boy hung out relaxed, I was in charge of the tunes.
IMG_1161.jpg
We passed the night away listening to music and having some s'mores
IMG_1157.JPG
In the morning we woke up to a beautiful sight and had some breakfast and headed to the lake. We did take the excursion down to the lake to relax.
IMG_1156.JPG
We had some grilled chicken that night and cracked open a few beers relaxed and talked the night away we called it an early night because we knew the next day was going to be a full day of swimming and hanging out down by the lake. We woke up to my wife making pancakes and after we cleaned up a bit we headed down to lake and found a great spot.
IMG_1162.JPG
After the full day of swimming with family and friends we called it good and decided that it was time to go back home. We went filled up with gas and got some Gatorade and hit the road.
IMG_1153.JPG
The k30 treated us great and most importantly everything worked as much or more than expected. If anything the ac unit blew out so cold that even in 104 degree weather we were comfortable and at night downright cold.I got to say the camper and 4wd combo are great but when off camber the camper does rock a bit so Im going to see how to lessen that in order to be able to take this on small trails and back roads. A close to another amazing trip and great adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online