Troy Concept Vehicle

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I'll believe it when its real - 1.5L / 100km equals 156 MPG - which isn't even achieved by even a plug-in hybrid Prius unless you only are taking very short trips using mostly the plug-in stored energy - which isn't how a overland vehicle is used. This also is obviously a much wider, taller and less aerodynamic vehicle - so good luck with that.

Maninga

Adventurer
Not practical nor probably road legal in most countries. Height would restrict it from low bridges/overgrown areas. Most countries allow vehicles to be 2.5, maybe 2.55m wide, at 2.7 (not taking into account mirrors or the like), not road legal.

Good looking though

scottishpinz

Adventurer
I think sometimes part of the "Overland Camper" dream is not so much the vehicle but the world where one could explore. Imagine no traffic, wide roads, no parking restrictions....

I learned recently that the laws regarding wild camping and overnighting in vehicles around Iceland had changed. I now feel so privileged to have explored the island in the days of freedom before the new restrictions.

Part of my destination criteria is the ability to freely explore the wilderness and be able to park up and camp without too many restrictions. Alas many of the new restrictions result in people abusing the freedom and damaging the environment with fires and leaving litter. If there is any hope of preserving the freedoms we still have in this world then it is vital to tread carefully where we are allowed to protect the freedom for our children!
IMG_1500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94