Truck Bed Pics Loaded Out

swrider

Observer
Hello everyone.
Just looking around for inspiration and ideas of how to organize my gear, and secure it on the bed of my truck. Since I'll usually just pack for two people for two or three days i don't see having to pack a whole lot, but I do have to take into account that by truck bed is open, so I have to keep in mind how to keep everything from "walking away' while we are out hiking and what not.

So hoping some of you on here will share pics of your truck's bed when you go out camping.

Thanks

AaronK

Explorer
Built a sleep/storage platform
30552c7807b3aac77a63d7a0d9c4b5fa.jpg
6d1a9d1e6bd7b0acf15679817be19a5f.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

chops749

Observer
IMG_0996.jpg
Kind of a poor shot but this was from my trip to the NWOR this weekend. I took the photo because it fit so wel...

Grenade1

I have never been too concerned with stuff walking away. I have been more concerned with stuff flying away. I recently upgraded our storage bins to the ones where the handles clamped onto the sides. My old ones just had the lid lay on top and they clicked in and have lost a few over the years.
As far as security if you are going to keep the bed open, I'm a firm believer in out of sight out of mind. A simple tarp over the bed will keep honest people honest. But then there is also the curiosity factor for some. If someone really wants your gear, they are going to get to it no matter what lengths you go through to secure it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke