Small Off-Road Trailer from Hi-Standard Outfitters

rnArmy

Adventurer
Cut-drill-bolt! Me too! A lot of times I re-purpose hardware meant for other things.The electrical panel for my trailer is based on a standard aluminum 19" panel
meant for electronics racks. Lots of drilling and tapping so that there were no nuts & washer hardware on the back side. With the terminal strips it was easy to splice
it into the existing wiring which had absolutely no fuses or breakers to protect the two deep cycle batteries and wiring :Wow1: I also added in a Guest shore power
battery charger, solar controller and a switch & relay circuit that allows me to turn on the backup lights as flood lamps when parked.

trailer%2B160.jpg

If I ever decide to electrify my little trailer, I'm calling on you to help. That looks like a nice clean wiring job.

I've got a 7-pin wiring harness on my trailer (electric brakes) and as long as it is connected to the tow vehicle I've got one always hot wire (currently capped).

MoJoDePotatoe

Start at $5k and go up. Too much in my opinion just for an ATV trailer.

Ratled,

This is Joe, I am the owner of HI-STANDARD Mfg. Thank You and others for your posts. I do appreciate the feedback, as it allows us to see other adventurers opinions besides ours.

Our intentions with the pricing was to allow room for retailers and wholesalers, but after a lot of the feedback we've received, we have decided to keep the price down and sell ourselves which took $1000 off the price.

You have to remember, this is not a tent on a box, this actually is something you can eat in at the dining table, stand in to change clothes, then sleep in on a real queen sized bed, etc. We really looked at the market and wanted to be different. The closest thing to our Ghost M1 Camper is approximately $3000 more. We also could have skimped on the quality, but that's not who we are, my father started this business 51 years ago and we have been supplying our military for most of those years, so the mentality that went in the Ghost M1 Camper is 100% military based.

Originally I wanted to have these retail for a lot less, but after our first production run, we found that it was not going to happen. I did have one person tell me they can make them for half our cost, I told that person I would by 25 units right now, I got hung up on :(

Again, I do appreciate the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94