Insulated pop top fabric.

mrsa111

Observer
I'm redoing the canvas on my pop top, and i'm looking for a better fabric to use thats insulating. I spend a lot of nights in it through the winter..
I was thinking of doing some kind of insulation material and sewing fabric to it. After lots of digging around i came across a couple fabrics that seem like they might work well, this being the best looking so far.. http://www.norpacr2.com/locs.html only thing i'd be concerned abut with that is with the pop top down, how poorly it may fold up and keep out of the way, might just be too much material.

My other thought was doing a much thicker/higher quality canvas, (mines pretty thin/bad quality), and hope that the insulation on the pop top and my diesel heater are enough.

A friend suggested to use some thick canvas on the outside, sew wool blanket material to the inside.

I will have a fan on the roof and plan on making zipper windows in the tent fabric, so condensation shouldnt be much of a concern.

caligrrl

I know it's a few years later, but did you ever finish the canvas? If so, what did you end up going with and do you feel like it was a good choice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94