Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wandering New Mexico

SOAZ i really appreciate the invite! unfortunately i work on Saturdays, but ill have to make some time to join you guys once in a while!
    Been trying to get out and find a group that i can wheel with, I'm down for some beer some time!

That 40's is cleaner than the ones up here.

New Mexico has some great scenery.
    2010 Toyota 4runner TE
    2002 Toyota 4runner - Sold
    SmallFrye-Travels

Glad you enjoyed your time in the Land of Enchantment! I was out on a few of the same roads you were last week running the NMBDR. We were not treated with wolf and bear sittings, though. I'm envious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Abel

1995 Defender 90 with some stuff | 1994 Range Rover | 2009 Adventure Trailers Chaser
    New Mexico trail and trip info at ExpeditionUtah.com

Desert Monkey Rally Team

"My needle always settles between west and southwest. The future lies that way to me, and the earth seems more unexhausted and richer on that side." Henry David Thoreau

Great trip report!
    Dennis Garman
    http://www.dennisgarmanleather.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/GarmansWorkshop
    Ruff - '79 Ford Bronco
    Ben - '77 Jeep J-10 Shortbed
    Hondo - '82 Harley FXRS Shovelhead

Quote Originally Posted by AZ4X4DUDE View Post
    SOAZ i really appreciate the invite! unfortunately i work on Saturdays, but ill have to make some time to join you guys once in a while!
    Been trying to get out and find a group that i can wheel with, I'm down for some beer some time!
    No worries, we tend to do a couple trips each month so we'll find one.

Quote Originally Posted by ttora4runner View Post
    That 40's is cleaner than the ones up here.

New Mexico has some great scenery.
    Yah it does T. Next time you are in town let me know. It's been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel Villesca View Post
    Glad you enjoyed your time in the Land of Enchantment! I was out on a few of the same roads you were last week running the NMBDR. We were not treated with wolf and bear sittings, though. I'm envious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Ah, right on. We saw a few moto guys doing the NMBDR. We definitely got lucky as far as animal sightings go on this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by DGarman View Post
    Great trip report!
    Thank you compadre!
    www.hu-bar.com
    and
    www.soaztim.com

Looks like an awesome trip. I love seeing pics of NM that folks would never picture as being in the state. There's a couple spots I like to go to up north that I could convince people was Scotland with the misty morning and rolling green hills.

I'm really glad to have wound up here and get to call it home!

Quote Originally Posted by xbombtek View Post
    Looks like an awesome trip. I love seeing pics of NM that folks would never picture as being in the state. There's a couple spots I like to go to up north that I could convince people was Scotland with the misty morning and rolling green hills.

I'm really glad to have wound up here and get to call it home!
    Thanks!
    You're a lucky guy to get to call it home! I lived in ABQ for about a year for work and decided I'd live in Tijeras/Cedar Crest area and I'd have the perfect access to the outdoors and Costco! haha.
    www.hu-bar.com
    and
    www.soaztim.com

That's me. Right at the top of Sedillo Hill, east of "town", at 7000ft, and can hit Costco on the way home from work.

I lived in Tucson, still own a rental home there, and really enjoyed that area too. But, the elevation and actual winter make Tijeras a really good fit. I'm not really a winter sports guy, but it adds to the charm of living in NM and sending pics of 30" snow falls to friends back east. haha

Quote Originally Posted by xbombtek View Post
    That's me. Right at the top of Sedillo Hill, east of "town", at 7000ft, and can hit Costco on the way home from work.

I lived in Tucson, still own a rental home there, and really enjoyed that area too. But, the elevation and actual winter make Tijeras a really good fit. I'm not really a winter sports guy, but it adds to the charm of living in NM and sending pics of 30" snow falls to friends back east. haha
    At the risk... no the certainty of getting off topic. This is or rather it sounds like it was in your neighborhood. I've never been to a smaller motorcycle get together with so many Vincent's present. The amount of obscure motorcycles around there is astounding! Haha.

http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2012/10/coffee-at-dawn.html
    http://soaztim.blogspot.kr/2012/12/g...ew-mexico.html

Cheers, have a good one. I will visit your great state often and hopefully be a neighbor some day.
    www.hu-bar.com
    and
    www.soaztim.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast