Wandering New Mexico

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
We spent a few days exploring the Gila's in New Mexico and looking for hot springs last week. I love NM.

Part 1: https://www.hu-bar.com/single-post/2017/06/09/Wandering-New-Mexico---Part-1

We did a little video, but as you can tell I'm an amateur at video!! There is some gratuitous black bear footage in it though. I wasn't able to get video of the Wolf we saw.

Here's a couple pics from part one.
dofn5frcclvcxcbw7ful.jpg

xbqgatjtmoetgbhsxu9r.jpg

djzwthwrtxfsvyz5fcyq.jpg

PHeller

Adventurer
Finding water out here (in the Southwest) is so nice when you can do without the crowds. I know here in Northern AZ any running water is typically filled with Phoecians in the summer.

Nice posts, and I dig your blog too.

SOAZ

Thanks PHeller, I know what you mean. Access is either blocked or filled with people/trash and all that comes with it. We were happy to find so many water sources with no people on a holiday weekend.
I need to finish up part 3.

Ashton

Ah, such nice pictures of home!! I'm sure you enjoyed Box Canyon, just outside of Cliff/Gila. The little store in Gila used to serve the most amazing sammy's. Really nice to see the river looking strong.

SOAZ

Ah, such nice pictures of home!! I'm sure you enjoyed Box Canyon, just outside of Cliff/Gila. The little store in Gila used to serve the most amazing sammy's. Really nice to see the river looking strong.

Thanks. We should have stopped to check out that little store. We loved hiking up Turkey Creek canyon for a couple hours. Nice and empty! I could go back and stay for a while. Not many people for such a popular spot on a holiday weekend.

AZ4X4DUDE

Dirt road please!
Looks like a really fun trip, thanks for sharing your pictures and videos. You guys inspired me to take a trip in the near future!
BTW what part of AZ are you guys located?

SOAZ

Looks like a really fun trip, thanks for sharing your pictures and videos. You guys inspired me to take a trip in the near future!
BTW what part of AZ are you guys located?
Thanks AZ4x4DUDE, it was a great trip all around. Trying to get the last part up today.
We're in Phx, where are you at?

AZ4X4DUDE

Dirt road please!
I'm in the Gilbert area, I'm new to the over landing scene!
Just picked up a Land Cruiser 100 last year, need to take it on some adventures! Awesome 80 you got there!

SOAZ

I'm in the Gilbert area, I'm new to the over landing scene!
Just picked up a Land Cruiser 100 last year, need to take it on some adventures! Awesome 80 you got there!
Thank you! We'll have to grab a beer sometime. The Copperstate Cruisers are pretty active. I do a lot of solo trips, but try to get out with a group of folks for a day trip at least once a month. We're headed to Saguaro lake tomorrow morning to make some breakfast, jump in and then get out before it gets brutal. You're more than welcome.

AZ4X4DUDE

Dirt road please!
SOAZ i really appreciate the invite! unfortunately i work on Saturdays, but ill have to make some time to join you guys once in a while!
Been trying to get out and find a group that i can wheel with, I'm down for some beer some time!

Abel Villesca

Explorer
Glad you enjoyed your time in the Land of Enchantment! I was out on a few of the same roads you were last week running the NMBDR. We were not treated with wolf and bear sittings, though. I'm envious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles