Morocco Expedition 2017

Berglid

Adventurer
This post will be a work in progress post, it will take me some weeks to finish this and upload all the pictures and movies. If you dont have the patience to wait for all the films and pictures they are allready out on my facebook page Arctic Extreme: https://www.facebook.com/arcticextreme/

Hope everyone will follow this tread and my facebook page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morocco Expedition 2017
mo.jpg

Last september me and my friends where planning a trip to Russia, but it all seamed so far away and we really wanted to go on a trip as soon as possible. Then my friend said, hey what if we two take a trip to Morocco? Thats when it all started.

We started to book our guides, we used a experienced company called Trailmasters. They had all the right contacts and guides in Morocco for us. David whom is my other friend going started all the planning, since im planning the Russia trip. Some weeks later the program and route was done, we transferred money for the guides and the ferry from Spain to Morocco. Now we just had to start making the cars ready.

For me this is a little bit problem, I live and work in Norway but I have my car on Iceland and registered on Iceland. Since thats where I travel mostly. I had to start the trip alot earlier than David. 10th May I took the plane to Iceland. I needed to strip down my car from equipment and make it ready. Also had to build a spare tire carrier for the trip. The reason I took of the equipment was becouse Im picking up a roof top tent and a hard top for the car.

This is how my car is usually set up. Light and easy for snow driving on 44" tires.
hilux.jpg

hilux2.jpg

The work started in my garage, stripping off everything on the back, removing all the antennas and coms from the car. Then it was off to Palmi to weld a tire carrier. My girlfriend is also on Iceland and she works there, so I had to try and find a balance betwheen making here happy and fixing the car. I did not have time to do a full service on the car and change oils, so I decided to do this on the way trough Europe.
3.jpg

4.jpg

It was some stressfull days before departure and lots of stuff to pack. Then the morning 16th May I started to drive to the ferry on Iceland, and of course the ferry is on the oposite side of Iceland from where I have my car and garage. It was around 700km of driving this day. I set up my tent at the campingsite close to the harbour. Had a beer and fell asleep, it rained alot this night, so when I woke up there was 1cm of water all over the ground. I took my laptop and went down to the pub, doing some work on my laptop and had a beer. The ferry was not leaving before 2000 in the evening.

When it got closer to departure I went to the ferry line. Showed all my papers, bookings, passports and soo on. Then I got my tickets and drove into the ferry. The ferry is called Smyrilline.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I got to my room, had a quick look around on the ferry before I had some beer and listened to the live music. This ferry is quite boring if you travel alone. I takes about 2,5 days to get to Denmark.

First filmclips, these are my instagram history that I sawed. Not sure if this link will work for everyone

[video]https://www.facebook.com/arcticextreme/videos/1920646434627727/[/video]

Last edited:

EMrider

Explorer
Looking forward to your trip report. Morocco is a fascinating country. Hope to explore the more remote areas myself someday.

R

MLu

Adventurer
Nice. I always thought the Arctic Trucks Hilux would make for an excellent platform. They make them over here too, I've been drooling over them at car shows for a while now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles