Artic Cove 18 volt Mister

captwoody

Adventurer
Found this mister/Fan at home depot since I already have Ryobi 18volt batteries I also gain a spare battery. Uses 5 gallon style buckets which most of us have on rigs anyway
It was 97 degrees today when I tried it out noticeable drop in temp. For 85 dollars at home depot an inexpensive way to cool down on hot days out here in the west. Gonna try setting it up spraying on outside of RTT and see if I get a noticeable temp drop to make sleeping easier when its hot here's a link on eBay with description but its 30 bucks cheaper at home depot-
https://www.ebay.com/i/192173191304?chn=ps&dispItem=1

GeoRoss

Adventurer
I see lots of them at swim meets and those folks who have them say they like them. I've decided to go the DIY method.

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
I have a system in my ZJ that I use for similar situations. There's no fan, but there's a windshield washer bottle that I put water in, it sits on the back of the center console. There's a hose that goes under the console to a washer fluid pump that is controlled by a momentary switch on my dash. From the pump, the hoses run up in to the roof liner where I have a couple garden misters. I think total it cost me $25 - $30 in parts and works great when my a/c didn't work. Simply add a cheapie fan and you're up and running for what you're looking for.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
It was 111 here on Tuesday and I was working outside, so I bought one of the Arctic Cove Misters. It does cool things down, but leaves a lot of things wet in its path, even with the fan on high and the pump on low, feeding from a bucket. Seems to need higher pump pressure or higher fan speed, probably both. Might work better with pressure from a garden hose rather than from the pump. Another alternative is to find misting nozzles with a smaller orifice to improve atomization. Still, better than cooking out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz