2003 100 Series build - my first Cruiser

RND1

Observer
Won't make VOR this year, but plan to join you guys in 2018! Looks like perfect Fall weather - have a blast and post some pics!

We will be there. And I think I saw @cboyd's name on the reg list. So that's at least 3x100s at VOR!

Leaving tomorrow after work, come say hello.

e3498b494fc2306427e8a6b2d24e93a6.jpg

Nice trailer setup fireball. Seems like a great setup for a trip out west to explore Death Valley etc!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hayde89

Another welcome from local Hundy owner! Here's mine on the way to 100sinthehills back in July:

IMG_4821_4.jpg

Could I bother you for pictures of how you mounted your awning? I have the 2500 ARB in my garage from my 4runner and I'd like to utilize it without buying a rack for now!

JKU87

Adventurer
So this is me thinking as I sit in the train on my commute home:

I went on a trip back in the fall and spent the night in the back of my Cruiser. Wasn’t a bad setup: folded the rear drivers seat down and laid out my sleeping bag. It was a little snug though as I lost some room due to the seats being folded up against the drivers seat.

When my fiancé and I go on trips, it’s usually the two of us and our dog. My Yeti 75 slides right in the back of the Cruiser (3rd row seats are obviously removed and we have two storage containers next to the cooler. I’m wondering if I could somehow build a sleeping platform that would go over the rear seat when folded down and also go over my Yeti and other gear in the way back.

We usually do tent camping in the remote woods of Vermont but I do like the idea of car camping. Please give me a shout if you’ve built some type of sleeping platform that can be utilized with the rear seats while keeping gear (cooler/fridge, etc) in the rear.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fireball

Explorer
Over the yeti is going to make the platform too tall to comfortably sleep.

My drawer setup was built at 10-12" high, I forget exactly, but is level with the folded second row. I sleep in the back very comfortably but wouldn't want the drawers/platform any higher.

RND1

Observer
Ditto...

Pretty Please

Could I bother you for pictures of how you mounted your awning? I have the 2500 ARB in my garage from my 4runner and I'd like to utilize it without buying a rack for now!

Here's the thread I started on mud. I describe how I did the install in post #26 and post pics around #32. Some others posted some very good ideas as well.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/anyone-mount-arb-2500-awning-to-stock-roof-rack.989991/page-2

JKU87

Adventurer
I just got an iPad Pro 10.5 which will be my new navigation unit.

Curious to see what other 100 owners are using to mount iPads/tablets. I’ve heard great things about RAM mounts but haven’t done much homework yet.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles