Darrin Fink's Unimog camper

kerry

Expedition Leader
I assume it's known on this forum but in case it's not I decided to post. I was in La Junta over the weekend on a trip to see the dinosaur tracks in Purgatoire Canyon and stopped by Terry Lee Enterprises. Darrin Fink's Unimog camper is in their yard and for sale. I was told $55k. Lots of nice trucks there.

erwin z

Im sure you have heard once on the internet, always on the internet.

You are right, his site was taken down. But its not gone. I have done years of research and found Darrins after it was taken down.
So deleting and closing of sites doesn't add up to a hill of beans.

Watching what one posts is critical and it pays to be polite too. If you are asking to see his site, I can post it.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Im sure you have heard once on the internet, always on the internet.

Sure. And like most cliches, it's not actually true.

You are right, his site was taken down. But its not gone. I have done years of research and found Darrins after it was taken down.

Years of research to locate a backup of a site that's been down less than a year?

So deleting and closing of sites doesn't add up to a hill of beans.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

There might be some of it on The Wayback Machine, but they rarely snapshot every page on a site.

Watching what one posts is critical and it pays to be polite too.

No idea what this admonition is in reference to.

If you are asking to see his site, I can post it.

A) I did ask.

B) I don't need a link to it myself, I read it many times. I was asking in case others might want to see it.

C) Telling someone to go look at his site, and then playing coy and making them ask before you post a link to the super-secret backup copy is...um...goofy.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
There ya go. Looks like they grabbed most all of it. One of the benefits of using the KISS principle when coding HTML.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles