HOTTAP water heater, help me get one shipped to America

For those that are still interested. Seems like their US operation is ramping up. They are getting ready to ship out the HotTap V2 on March 15 of this year.

dbhost

Uh. Hot Tap water heaters are made and marketed in the United States. Not sure what you are asking for...

hot-tap-hp-shower.jpg

I have to assume you are talking about another product called Hot Tap...

I have the single bottle version, have had it since 2005. It works well, but dribbles a tiny bit over the years...
hot-tap-with-bag.png

I find since I am otherwise 100% liquid fuel, I have the battery powered version as well, sort of the same thing without the metal parts, and some extended hose, I made a heat exchanger from a 50' roll of 3/8" tubing, I heat it over my Coleman stove, and use it regularly. I wish they made something similar with a build in liquid fuel burner, but no such luck...

Honestly, my ideal gear list would be everything that runs on any fuel, run on gasoline, and as poor a quality as is around. My big drawback is the heater itself. There are stove top heaters but I am not a fan of open flame inside the tent...

Last edited:

dstock

Explorer
Uh. Hot Tap water heaters are made and marketed in the United States. Not sure what you are asking for...

hot-tap-hp-shower.jpg

I have to assume you are talking about another product called Hot Tap...

I have the single bottle version, have had it since 2005. It works well, but dribbles a tiny bit over the years...
hot-tap-with-bag.png

I find since I am otherwise 100% liquid fuel, I have the battery powered version as well, sort of the same thing without the metal parts, and some extended hose, I made a heat exchanger from a 50' roll of 3/8" tubing, I heat it over my Coleman stove, and use it regularly. I wish they made something similar with a build in liquid fuel burner, but no such luck...

Honestly, my ideal gear list would be everything that runs on any fuel, run on gasoline, and as poor a quality as is around. My big drawback is the heater itself. There are stove top heaters but I am not a fan of open flame inside the tent...

The OP was referring to a product from Australia, not the Zodi line of products.

Matto

Observer
I'm not sure why I missed this thread earlier - I'd have been happy to act as mule to re-ship one of these over to you guys. I'm glad Joolca have started selling direct in the US - it's a great unit and I think you'll really like it.

I've been saving up for one of the new V2 units.

alia176

Explorer
Ok, i finally watched the marketing video and here are my thoughts:

- My L5 Ecotemp has ALL the same features but my L5 is WAY simpler and it's analog controls. Meaning, the L5 has two stupid dials vs a fandangle PCB that you know WILL fail.
- My L5 has quick disconnects for all three connections (two water + propane)

You WILL get the famous "cold water sandwich". Meaning, you turn on the shower nozzle, first comes out cold water that's in the hose which you waste. Then comes the scalding water from the heat exchanger which is no fun but doable while you may end up wasting some water.

The best way to use this on a trailer is to use an anti-scalding mixing valve found in your shower at home but try to find a smaller Bidet mixing valve from Amazon. I said a trailer because this way you have cold and hot water plumbing.

The other way is to use this system as a means of heating up a bucket of water using the recirc method. Once you heat up this water, you turn off the burner and use the system like a simple shower nozzle with on/off ability.

IMHO, these systems waste too much water for what most of us do but if the wify wants hot water, then get her hot water!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94