HOTTAP water heater, help me get one shipped to America

mycophagist

knowledge is power
To any who are interested, i am looking to buy a Hottap water heater, they look way better than what is offered her in the states, and are more suited for my needs. However they do not yet ship to the united states, hence my dilemma, amongst many others: being an american citizen.

If there is a trustworthy Australian out there out there would be interested in helping me get one of these units shipped to the states (or would be interested in selling me one personally), please shoot me a PM

Edit: i can let you know what i have in mind via PM

Thanks much,

Cheers!

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Inbteresting - https://www.joolca.com.au/hottap

https://www.joolca.com.au/assets/full/JCA11001.jpg

JCA11001.jpg

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The Eccotemp L5 unit (a common one available here in the USA for $120 or less) is rated at 37,000 BTUs while the Joolca says its 27,000 BTUs. The longer hose and quick release fitting are nice but can be easily added to the Eccotemp.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
From these guys:

Thanks so much for the email!

At the moment we only ship to Australia and NZ unfortunately. One of the reasons people love our brand and products is because we can offer awesome support etc to our customers.

We can do this because we have people on the ground in AU/NZ and that's all for now unfortunately.

I know this probably won't help, but we do have USA next in our sights, but it will still take a while before we're up and running there (12 months at least I'd say).

From a legal and gas point of view, we can sell units to USA no worries. The issue becomes shipping costs (via air mail), and any support / warranty will be very difficult to manage.

Once we have people on the ground in good ol USA (The brothers who started up the company were actually all born and bred there - in NJ) - we'll be able to offer the awesome support we're known for.

mycophagist

knowledge is power
From these guys:

Thanks so much for the email!

At the moment we only ship to Australia and NZ unfortunately. One of the reasons people love our brand and products is because we can offer awesome support etc to our customers.

We can do this because we have people on the ground in AU/NZ and that's all for now unfortunately.

I know this probably won't help, but we do have USA next in our sights, but it will still take a while before we're up and running there (12 months at least I'd say).

From a legal and gas point of view, we can sell units to USA no worries. The issue becomes shipping costs (via air mail), and any support / warranty will be very difficult to manage.

Once we have people on the ground in good ol USA (The brothers who started up the company were actually all born and bred there - in NJ) - we'll be able to offer the awesome support we're known for.

Hmm, i may have to just risk it and ask them if they wouldn't mind shipping out one special for little ol' me.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Fwiw... my eccotemp L5 has been flawless in the 1.5 years of heavy usage, almost every day and then some.
Well worth the cost, convenience and simplicity.
If I could help you, I'd would.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
The first answer is a 20 lb barbecue size tank
Second answer is simple, I'm a full-time Vanner so basically whatever you need hot water for I use it.
My last answer is a 20 lb tank last at least three months with the eccotemp & cooking (no heat, thats diesel). At 14 to $17 for either exchange or refill it's incredibly affordable.
As for maintenance or anything regarding the ecotemp there is none. The batteries as mentioned are still the original and working great although I did make one small modification the plastic battery tray, I put a 1/8 hole in it so water which does happen... can drain out.

A 10 lb tank should give you at least in my opinion 30 days of reliable solid used before it gets too low.

Last edited:

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I have mine mounted on a side door of my van, I got a little lucky that it never seems to never be in the way or cumbersome.

rlynch356

Defyota
I looked at these and ultimately went with an eccotemp and a loner shower hose. This unit looks nice but I didn't see an advantage to trying to import.

bluzcat

Both the Eccotemp and the Joolca seem really cool. If I wanted to pump water from a bucket to the heater, what would you guys recommend? I’ve seen some Aussie kits with a small pump and shower hose/head, but I don’t know anything about them. I’d be using mine on my camper trailer, but I don’t have a water tank or plumbing installed on it (yet), and don’t anticipate doing much camping where I will have the luxury of water hookups.

joolca

Hey Team!

Noticed that you guys had this conversation going about the HOTTAP. Wanted to chime in real quick and let you all know that we'll be launching in the US within the next few months - and we're very excited!

Both the Eccotemp and the Joolca seem really cool. If I wanted to pump water from a bucket to the heater, what would you guys recommend? I’ve seen some Aussie kits with a small pump and shower hose/head, but I don’t know anything about them. I’d be using mine on my camper trailer, but I don’t have a water tank or plumbing installed on it (yet), and don’t anticipate doing much camping where I will have the luxury of water hookups.

@bluzcat A lot of our customers are in the same situation as you. They might be free camping and don't have access to pressurized water. In this case you can suck/pump water out of your water tank or jerry can. With the HOTTAP Outing for example, it comes with a pump and small inline filter that you just throw into your jerry can, and it'll suck the water out as you use it. Very simple for this type of situation. We had a company camping trip not long ago and we were all showering (about 20 of us) by sucking water out of a jerry can. If you have a river or lake nearby, then pumping right out of there (for endless hot showers) is also an option!

- Chris

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Hey Team!

Noticed that you guys had this conversation going about the HOTTAP. Wanted to chime in real quick and let you all know that we'll be launching in the US within the next few months - and we're very excited!

- Chris

Does this mean we can finally get the Joolca Ensuite two-room shower tent? Wife keeps bugging me about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles