Wool for headliner/misc carpet material??

mrsa111

Observer
I'm planning out what material to rebuild my van with, which i need to figure out soon as things start to go back together. It will have mostly wood walls but small parts of the interior walls around the pillars and ceiling, as well as the headliner in the front i'm planning on recovering, maybe seats too. I'm trying to find a material that looks good, and functions well in terms of taking abuse and being somewhat easy to clean. you can buy rolls of wool material, i was looking at stuff from pendleton, that comes in some really cool patterns that could look great for a headliner and roof.

That sound like a good idea or should I be looking at other materials? I wont use it for the floors, which BTW, if anyone has advice for new carpeting for the front footwells/floors, toughess being the big priority, that would be awesome as well.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
keep in mind the amount of lint your fabric choice produces, and wash it a few times before you adhere it to the ceiling- I went with cotton washed 3 times for my old truck, I found after that many times the cotton stopped making near as much lint

DanCooper

Adventurer
Automotive Fabric Source

I am using some automotive carpet from this source for the floor of my teardrop. They have several categories of automotive fabrics that you may find useful. I am sure/positive/certain there are other sources as well! Happy shopping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier