Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall 17 West Virginia trip feeler

Default Fall 17 West Virginia trip feeler

Throwing out a feeler to see if there is any interest in a possible 4 day 3 night West Virginia tour.

Thinking somewhere between mid September to First week of October (up for discussion)

The route will start at the Weston Insane Asylum and end at Fayetteville (unless everyone would want to run it in reverse). This will be a great trip for anyone not too familiar with the area as we will be hitting spots like Thomas fire tower, Douglas Falls, Blackwater falls, Canaan loop road, Canaan Valley, Dolly Sods, Spruce knob, Green Bank, Cass etc...

If anyone can't do the whole trip I will have an itinerary planned with places to jump on or off the trip morning, mid-day, and evening for each day.

The vehicle we will driving is equipped with self recovery equipment so it should help if your vehicle doesn't have any. We will also have basic tools and repair equipment. Most of the roads are basic to corrugated gravel. The harder sections are easily bypassed and I can provide GPS coordinates for a regrouping area. So if you want to bring a Subaru or anything like that we can keep you on the easy roads (unless you want to see what it can do).

No drugs or excessive alcohol (there will be a few beers around the camp fire in the evenings) We want to keep the trip family oriented.

So please chime in and let me know what you think!!

Side note: We are police officers and are required to carry firearms off duty and therefore will be. I just wanted to be open as not to surprise anyone because I have ran into issues with people being uncomfortable around firearms in the past.

(Thinking somewhere between mid September to First week of October (up for discussion))

Overland east is around that time

I would love to go, however when I get back to the US is up in the air. If i get to stay at the end of August from leave(deployed to the ME), count me in and I will contact you on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdeys View Post
    I would love to go, however when I get back to the US is up in the air. If i get to stay at the end of August from leave(deployed to the ME), count me in and I will contact you on this forum.
    If you're going to come on a trip with us while being on leave from deployment consider your first couple beers on me!

Hope to see you there!

Im IN!!
    Current Project
    2003 E350 7.3 Powerstroke Pop-top 4x4 sportsmobile Build YOLANDA...
    http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...50-pop-top-4x4
    Current rig
    2015 ram 1500 Tradesman 4x4 crewcab 6.4box 3.0L ECOdiesel with custom FLIP-BACK
    Build : http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lip-back-build

Interested.
    Kevin, Shannon, and a 2007 FJ Cruiser | ОѴƦԼχƝƊ.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    "You're born into the world thinking that you are...entering a world that's been seen before.
    And seldom do you sort of wake up to the realization that you're the explorer." -- Sean Parker

Looks like it's going to be September 28th through the 1st. I know this is the same weekend for expo but unfortunately it's the only weekend I can make it work.

I plan on pre running the route to get realistic times for each section and use this info to plan meetup spots if anyone wants to just join for a portion of the trip. I'll update you guys once I've done it.

Hope to see you all there!

I might be in the area and if I am I'd love to join in. How much slab vs dirt will be on the route?

I'd say 60/40 slab/dirt (not counting to and from the starting/ending points) . Trying to hit a lot of highlights for people not from the area. Hope you can make it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Same here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast