Sand ladder / dog ramp.

BMWJNKY

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I didn't know where else to post it, mods feel free to move it if needed.

Does anyone make a sand ladder/mud track that could double as a dog ramp? I have a 75-ish pound husky/German Shepard that is almost 8 and she can just barely make it into the back of my Discovery at stock height. I will be doing a 2" lift and a sleeping platform/drawer in the back soon so there will be no way for her to jump in anymore. My fiance got a ramp to use with her last dog but it is really bulky and can only be used as a dog ramp. My friend has some MaxTrax that I tried but they aren't quite long enough to work as a ramp into the back of my Discovery. The MaxTrax are 45" long, something around 60" would be better for my intended usage.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
OK Offroad has 60" aluminum sand ladders. If they are too slippery for the pooch, you can zip-tie some carpet to one of them, easily removed if you need to use them for an actual recovery of the vehicle.

BMWJNKY

OK Offroad has 60" aluminum sand ladders. If they are too slippery for the pooch, you can zip-tie some carpet to one of them, easily removed if you need to use them for an actual recovery of the vehicle.

Thanks for the tip, is anyone else in the US selling these? When I do a google search lots of places outside the US sell them at a better price as well but in the US I'm having a hard time locating them. Looking at these they will probably a decent base for an outdoor shower as well so we aren't standing in the dirt when getting washed up.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
is anyone else in the US selling these?
When I bought mine, the 60" aluminum mats were very hard to find. There are some steel landing mats available, but they are heavy and unwieldy. OK Offroad may knock off a few bucks and give you free shipping, sometimes they run specials on these mats. You might look into fiberglass industrial floor grates, but they are not particularly cheap and as fiberglass ages with sun exposure, splinters can become a problem.

BMWJNKY

When I bought mine, the 60" aluminum mats were very hard to find. There are some steel landing mats available, but they are heavy and unwieldy. OK Offroad may knock off a few bucks and give you free shipping, sometimes they run specials on these mats. You might look into fiberglass industrial floor grates, but they are not particularly cheap and as fiberglass ages with sun exposure, splinters can become a problem.

I'll bookmark their website and check for specials. I don't think I'll do the fiberglass, they don't last like the almn. ones and take up more space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier