Great White: A Chevy K10 Build

Ouiwee

Observer
The fuel door is nearly complete.
~
IhameVC.jpg

~
The door hinge is the same as the fuel door on the bedside.
~
9GUAu1B.jpg

~
This is a picture of the reinforcement on the lower rear bedside. The panel is much more rigid.
~
SkQqzGg.jpg

~
Body work on the bed is underway. And there is a lot of it to do.

Ouiwee

Observer
I got some time today to work on the interior panels. I bought a full set from LMC and I confess that the quality was way better than I expected. I hid the screw that holds the a-pillar moulding in place with a tweeter. I'm looking at flocking the moulding as a final finish.
~
Sorry about the picture quality.
~
2BlaDbN.jpg

~
dDHfMcu.jpg

Ouiwee

Observer
Are you planning on a color change inside?

I'm not entirely sure. A dark saddle color is what I think would make sense for the dash. Something like this.

Leather_Color.jpg

The headliner will be diamond stitched leather or alcantara and the doors will be leather.

Diamond_Stitch_Top.jpg

The seat will be a bolstered bench seat. The link below has the type of carpet that I intend to use (as well as some great pictures).

https://relicate.com/collections/german-square-weave-carpet

The carpet would look something like this but a different color.

Carpet.jpg

I will modify the stock door cards and make fiberglass panels for the bottoms of the doors. I'm looking for the right upholsterer for the work.

Bojak

Adventurer
Interiors,Guy at kindiget design in utah is good. Guy at martin bros in texas is good. Cali take your pick. East coast fagetaboutit.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ouiwee

Observer
Whoops, I seem to have another truck.

LGMXRkd.jpg

A 1986 K30 CUCV 5/4 ton. It looks a bit rough on the outside, but the frame and cab bottom are in pristine condition. It has a 6.2 liter diesel, TH400 3 speed transmission, and NP208 transfer case. Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with a Detroit locker. Its max speed is 65 MPH...who knew how much fun 140 hp really is.

ZYEu9tE.jpg

I'll be stripping it down for the frame to swap into my other truck. I intend to send the frame off for sandblasting and paint once I get it torn down.

bdp1978

Adventurer
Interiors,Guy at kindiget design in utah is good. Guy at martin bros in texas is good. Cali take your pick. East coast fagetaboutit.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHAHA....if this isnt a joke this may be the dumbest post Ive ever read on Expo. Somebody watches too much Velocity channel.

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
Whoops, I seem to have another truck.

LGMXRkd.jpg

A 1986 K30 CUCV 5/4 ton. It looks a bit rough on the outside, but the frame and cab bottom are in pristine condition. It has a 6.2 liter diesel, TH400 3 speed transmission, and NP208 transfer case. Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with a Detroit locker. Its max speed is 65 MPH...who knew how much fun 140 hp really is.

ZYEu9tE.jpg

I'll be stripping it down for the frame to swap into my other truck. I intend to send the frame off for sandblasting and paint once I get it torn down.

140hp, but about 600fp of torque!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Gordo

EL Gordo
The fuel door is nearly complete.
~
IhameVC.jpg

~
The door hinge is the same as the fuel door on the bedside.
~
9GUAu1B.jpg

~
This is a picture of the reinforcement on the lower rear bedside. The panel is much more rigid.
~
SkQqzGg.jpg

~
Body work on the bed is underway. And there is a lot of it to do.

So cool!! I had a small door off of a F-14 I planned on doing just this with...sadly, I've lost it over the years. It was N.O.S. lol, never used!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke