Great White: A Chevy K10 Build

Ouiwee

Observer
The truck is at the body shop getting sorted out. Sorry about the cell phone picture quality.

~
KIMG0253.jpg
~
KIMG0254.jpg
~
KIMG0255.jpg
~
KIMG0256.jpg
~
There is a wide range of quality when it comes to aftermarket body panels for these trucks. It had taken a good deal of fabrication to get all the parts to fit right.

Ouiwee

Observer
The bed is back from media blasting and is in really good shape, with the only problematic rust in the rear left corner.
~
KIMG0252.jpg
~
I'm getting new cross supports made of thicker material fabricated to replace the old ones--the rear-most was in the worst shape.
~
KIMG0251.jpg
~
The tailgate was nearly in perfect condition.
~
KIMG0261.jpg
~
Just a couple of trouble spots, but not much.
~
KIMG0260.jpg

Ouiwee

Observer
I figured it impossible to find a company that would still have the moulds for these trucks. It turns out I was wrong.
~
So, I had a new one made with all the options.
~
KIMG0235.jpg
~
KIMG0236.jpg
~
It is nice that the cap will follow the lines of the cab. The cap will get painted while the truck is in the body shop and the color will be BMW Alpine White.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Your truck looks pretty cool Quiwee. The body is looking realy straight with all those new parts. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Ouiwee

Observer
Some more progress. I think it might come together this week in primer.
~
KIMG0265.jpg
~
The fenders/bedsides have to be cut to make room for the fender flares and tires. The fender flares came with screws, but I wanted something more permanent. So, I got some 6mm nut flange plates. The suckers cost more than makes sense, but I wanted to use a titanium racing bolt for the fastener. The rivets are stainless.
~
KIMG0271.jpg
~
The hood got damaged during media blasting, so I had to get a new one.
~
KIMG0263.jpg
~
I don't like seeing spot welds in the door jamb, so I am having them smooth the entire thing.
~
KIMG0269.jpg
~
Everything is to be undercoated and they are using some type of wax product on the inside of the rockers and in the doors.

Ouiwee

Observer
Some progress:
~
KIMG0309.jpg
~
KIMG0310.jpg
~
Doors, fenders, flairs, hood, etc., are all in the paint booth.
~
Bed sides are far from perfect.
KIMG0311.jpg
~
I had new cross rails fabricated out of thicker steel. The plan is to treat the interior surface while the bed sides are off and we have access. The entire underside of the bed will be undercoated while it is off the truck and easily accessible. The cab will get undercoated as well.
~
I found a company that makes a stainless hardware kit for these trucks. They also make stainless door strikers.

Bojak

Adventurer
Trucks going to be sweet. Love me a square body. I remember being in body shop jail, it will eventually come out the other end. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior