1987 Mercedes U1300L Unimog

mariner1

Greetings all,

I am offering for sale my 1987 Mercedes U1300L Unimog. I bought this truck with the intention of building it into a Expedition Camper. I am offering it for sale because I'd like to put some money into some investments. The truck is absolutely outstanding. It has totally unmatched offload capabilities and is extremely fun to drive. This model has the following factory upgrades; a turbocharged OM366A engine, Fast Axles, and a Deep Water fording kit. I have installed after market Portal Axle Breather Kits, two 1200 lumen LED light bars, and Michelin 395/85.R20 tires with less than 200 miles one them. In the sale I am including two Mercedes Service Manuals, a 20 ton air or hydraulic jack, a full sized spare tire, an all purpose air hose that connects to the truck's on board air, and all the frames, siding, and canvass to install the complete canvass cover over the bed. The truck is an excellent candidate for camper conversation or could be left as a ultra heavy duty pick up. Recently I have been camping out of it simply by putting the canvass top up and sleeping inside the bed. There is plenty of room, the bed is 13 feet long and 7 feet wide. I would be happy to answer questions or provide more photos on request. Just send me a PM. I am asking $38,000.

Thank you very much for looking,
mariner1

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 446

mariner1

Hi guys,
Just wanted to answer a few questions,

1. This truck is street legal with a clear Texas Title.
2. It can be registered as a classic car or regular pickup, everywhere I've looked, besides California.
3. It has my Armed Forces License plates on it now, they will have to come off with the sale, however since it has already been imported and the American title has been issued there should be no problems with registration or inspections (except California)
4. It is well under the requirement for Commercial Driver License so you do not need any changes to your license to drive it.

Thanks

sandinmyshoe

call me please..

Can I speak to you on the phone please? I am very interested in this truck and I already PM'd you but this board is so weird not sure if you have receivd. thanks R
917-443-8555

Hi guys,
Just wanted to answer a few questions,

1. This truck is street legal with a clear Texas Title.
2. It can be registered as a classic car or regular pickup, everywhere I've looked, besides California.
3. It has my Armed Forces License plates on it now, they will have to come off with the sale, however since it has already been imported and the American title has been issued there should be no problems with registration or inspections (except California)
4. It is well under the requirement for Commercial Driver License so you do not need any changes to your license to drive it.

Thanks

mariner1

What is top speed?

In the current configuration with 46 inch tires the truck will do 65 mph. I run it at that speed all the time and am very confident in her. Bigger tires, super fast ring and pinions, or an overdrive would all add more speed. Some mog guys get theirs up to 80+.

mariner1

Does it have fast axles and an overdrive? If it doesn't I don't think it would even hit 60 mph..

1. Read the ad and comments, answers to both your questions are in front of you.

2. I don't know where you got your Degree in Unimog Studies but I'd ask for my money back if I were you.

The Artisan

Adventurer
What's the GVW? Just a FYI, here in GA they changed the rating and my 07fuso FE is classified as a commercial rate now, it was changed this past yr..
Kevin

mariner1

What's the GVW? Just a FYI, here in GA they changed the rating and my 07fuso FE is classified as a commercial rate now, it was changed this past yr..
Kevin

The truck weighs 11,000 pounds, that is straight from a certified truck scale. Here in Texas 26,000 pounds is minimum commercial truck weight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior