4m50 egts?

boostin

Adventurer
Any one run a egt gauge¿

Been so long since I have had a stock engine I don't know what normal is.

What do you think safe max is on long grades?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Amesz00 has a pre turbo EGT setup on his FG84 (4M50 engine), so he is someone I know that can give you "real world" temps.
If he does not chime in here, I'd send him a PM.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Yea mine is pre turbo. Does have big tyres and remap, but is normally not more than 5tonne. Oh yea and my egr may have a 'fault' that stops it from working. Permanently.
Seems to run really cold though, highest I've ever seen in was 560deg C, that was before the remap. It is a bit warmer now, but I've not had 100% power on long enough to get that high again. It did take a good minute to get there. Norm temps for me 330-480 C. Sitting on 100km/h usually around 375.

boostin

Adventurer
What is the remap you speak of?

When I run empty which is about 10 000 pounds it's a nice cool, 900f.

I feel like I need a larger turbo with more cfm to dilute the fuel

Amesz00

Adventurer
I got my ecu remapped by a diesel shop here (united fuel injection) a little while back. Huge difference in torque, wouldn't fit on their dyno but my rough calc from before/after acceleration says it should be up around 600-650nm. And it comes on instantly too.
I'm still on the stock td04, and definitely on the limit of it flow wise I think. Fellas down there reckoned other than the tiny turbo it wasn't being worked hard at all, and that if I did a turbo it'd have heaps more potential...

boostin

Adventurer
I got my ecu remapped by a diesel shop here (united fuel injection) a little while back. Huge difference in torque, wouldn't fit on their dyno but my rough calc from before/after acceleration says it should be up around 600-650nm. And it comes on instantly too.
I'm still on the stock td04, and definitely on the limit of it flow wise I think. Fellas down there reckoned other than the tiny turbo it wasn't being worked hard at all, and that if I did a turbo it'd have heaps more potential...

Very interesting, wonder if I could buy a used ECU and send it and to get re-flashed , I would die to have more power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke