Froli "Travel" versus Froli "Star"?

Durango

Adventurer
OK, so I'm ready to pull the trigger on either the Froli "Travel" (1 3/8" thick) or the Froli "Star" (1 3/4" thick). On our 2015 FWC Flatbed Hawk we have a little over 3" of space between the ceiling and our standard mattress. (Which does have a 1" WalMart "eggshell" topper inserted into the fabric envelope.)

Erika up at Froli suggested the lower height "Travel" and said it is plenty comfortable. (I'd also like to be able to leave our (light) bedding up with the top down.) However, she also said whichever Froli I go with the springs shouldn't be compressed for a long period of time.

Does anyone have any Froli "Travel" vs. "Star" observations? I'd prefer the Travel due to the lower height but the whole reason for this (expensive) venture is Sioux is tired of her hips "bottoming out" with the current FWC mattress.

Thanks,
Steve

We have the shorter 'travel' springs in our camper and are very happy with them. We have a lower end foam mattress that's about 3" thick and find the combination more comfortable than being at home. It's possible for me to "bottom out" the springs, but not easy. I'm 195 and putting all my weight down onto a single point, just a couple springs, hits bottom. Proned out that doesn't occur. I've considered a better mattress (I wish Froli's was available in the US) but the springs are a keeper. I also feel like the bedding stays fresher longer than when we didn't have the air circulation underneath.

ripperj

Explorer
There is a similar thread on Wander the West if you want to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke