Transmission cooler hoses - Gen 2.5

fleavernator

Hey fellow Expos-

Found a small hairline crack in the top of the factory brass radiator and am taking it in to a local radiator repair shop for full rebuild/pressure test. Anyways- I had to cut off the fused tranny cooler hoses in the process. I'm having a hell of a time finding part numbers for the transmission cooler hoses. For those who have replaced these, did you use universal coolant hoses and had to cut to fit? Or are there other leads for molded hoses?

Thanks in advance-

evol911

Observer
Just looking for these myself. I think they are NLA. Last time I replaced mine I just got some hose from a local auto parts store and busted my knuckles getting them on. I'm guessing there is metric hose size that fits just right. But I never really looked into it.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
They are high volume, but not high pressure, really. Any quality hose (I suggest www.siliconehose.com ) will suffice, as long as you protect it from abrasion. Use metal line if you don't want to want to run flexible the whole way, but again, protect it from rubbing on anything.

John B.

bryAWD

Observer
The hoses with bends in them going into the cooler itself? Misubishi ASA is showing MR470185 ' HOSE, T/M COOLER LINE ' for that part. A rubber hose, with a bend in it at the top going into the cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke