New Expedition Camper - Overland Explorer

ChrisN

The odd thing is that the disclaimer at the bottom says that the ad is for tires only :)
Slightly confusing ad, but maybe I'm missing something.

java

Expedition Leader
The odd thing is that the disclaimer at the bottom says that the ad is for tires only :)
Slightly confusing ad, but maybe I'm missing something.
Very confusing add, but I triple checked, includes the wheels. That's who I bought mine from. He has no idea what the wheels are....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

180out

I did not want to give up any weight capacity. That why I bought the f550 in the first place.IMG_20190122_180422503.jpg

HowardH

Adventurer
Returned Sunday from our annual five day "Winter Trip". This time we went to extreme SE Oregon and the Owyhee River. Once again the camper and truck performed superbly. No issues, though there was more than one hairy moment during about 60 miles of muddy slick dirt road. In SE OR you want to avoid any road that isn't an all weather road when its raining.

If I can remember how to post pics I will do so.

In the mean time here is the link to my Lightroom pics.
https://adobe.ly/2Gle8Rc

Thanks to info from this web site we found where others have forded the river at the bottom of the canyon. ;)

Last edited:

HowardH

Adventurer
Following Java's lead and purchased 4 Hutchensen wheels with 285/70r19.5 tires. They are lost in shipment just like his. Looking forward to experimenting with them and comparing the duel wheel setup with the singles.

java

Expedition Leader
Following Java's lead and purchased 4 Hutchensen wheels with 285/70r19.5 tires. They are lost in shipment just like his. Looking forward to experimenting with them and comparing the duel wheel setup with the singles.
Your kidding?! Who is the freight carrier?

HowardH

Adventurer
Considering we didn’t get stuck and had no tire problems I’d say the duels work just fine.

I did manage to get a good buy on a set of singles and 285/70r19.5 tires. I’ll experiment.

My understanding is that singles will be much better in snow and mud.

Last edited:

HowardH

Adventurer
By my house I’ve a beach full of fist size rocks. The duels really struggle with them. Very interested to see how the truck does with singles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier