New Expedition Camper - Overland Explorer

HowardH

Adventurer
The photo Isn't real clear but rows three and four have lighter color softer springs.

Overall it's an impressive neat system.

HowardH

Adventurer
With the 12" tall mattress my camper was supplied with I don't think I can feel any difference with the springs installed. The air circulation as you say is very important. Course now two of my cabinet doors don't open well cause my overall height, of the mattress, is too tall. LOL Always something.

HowardH

Adventurer
What's the best way to get decent audio and video quality in a camper? I'm looking to be able to watch movies on the long dark winter evenings.

Rebellion

Observer
HowardH, we had a custom 6" high pocket coil mattress made for our camper, this allowed us to open the cabinet doors and came to the height of the side storage cabinets. This was made in Calgary.

HowardH

Adventurer
Who would have thought getting something other than OEW size, 225/70R19.5 tires, on a vehicle would be so difficult. Can't find 19.5x7.5 wheels, so can't run 285/70R19.5 tires. They are wide enough that they would touch on stock wheels.

Did manage to get 265/70R19.5's to fit on stock wheels. Not ideal, I wished for a bit more space between the duels. Toyo wants a minimum of 6.75" wheels for the 265/70R19.5 M608's, oh well. Also would have liked more width on the front.

Until something better comes along this will have to do.

java

Expedition Leader
I'd love to see some pics, I was thinking 245 may have been the limit on stock wheels. Are you running the 608 on the front also?

As to audio and video we just use blue tooth speakers and a laptop. Don't watch to many movies and it works ok. Speaker is great for audio, streaming music etc.

HowardH

Adventurer
Hi Gabe I'll” get some pics. Yes same tire all the way around.

Yep on the audio. That is what I was thinking only maybe with an ipad instead of a laptop.

Only one pic for now.

23A1F9BF-293C-4174-8B87-A3A211ACECC4.jpg.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Great! Id love to see one of how close the rears are together, thoughts on a minimal spacer ring? IIRc there are quite a few threads still available back there. How is the noise with those on the front? I get a fair bit of hum in the back with them.

HowardH

Adventurer
Limited experience to date. Like 35 miles. They have more road noise than the Continentals do.

I think absolutely no room for a spacer and still stay on the hub with the outside wheel. They are hub centric

java

Expedition Leader
Limited experience to date. Like 35 miles. They have more road noise than the Continentals do.

I think absolutely no room for a spacer and still stay on the hub with the outside wheel. They are hub centric

Ah Hub Centric, forgot about that part. Will await more pics :D

HowardH

Adventurer
Got a pic today. Not the best but what I've got now. Added Centramatics to my front wheels. Plan on getting them installed on the rear wheels tomorrow.

F86BD0D4-152A-47AC-B452-27FC3AF68458.jpg

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
If your on a computer (windows) and you open it with picture viewer, rotate as you want, then save that should do it.

Truck looks good! Looks like it needs a bit more spring in the rear, unless it's just the pic.

I'd love to see dually clearance still!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles