ARB Locker switch buld replacement with LED

El-Dracho

Overlander
Hi Overlanders and Offroaders :)

I am sure that we have a lot of people here who have fitted ARB Lockers to their rigs :wavey:

Has anyone replaced the bulb of the original ARB switches with LEDs? What LED do I need? Is it plug n play?

The switches are getting really warm while driving with light. Did some research on that on various forums, seems to be a normal behaviour... but as I have replaced nearly every bulb on my rig with LEDs, I would like to go for LEDs here, too :agree:

Thanks!

Safe travels!

Björn

WOODY2

Adventurer
Contact the guys at SPOD 4x4, I think they are well versed in this may even have a drop in replacement

El-Dracho

Overlander
ARB Locker switch bulb replacement with LED

Hi!

Thanks for the answers.

Was just thinking about to replace the bulbs instead of throwinh the switches away and replace ;)

Has anybody just replaced the bulbs with LEDs?

Have a nice weekend!

Björn

paranoid56

Adventurer
you can, but its a pain. you will have to disassemble the switch, make sure to not loose any of the springs then unsolder the stock one and solder in a new one.
i would just get a new one. if you were local you could have one of mine as i never use them lol

El-Dracho

Overlander
you can, but its a pain. you will have to disassemble the switch, make sure to not loose any of the springs then unsolder the stock one and solder in a new one.
i would just get a new one. if you were local you could have one of mine as i never use them lol

Hi,

Thanks!

I just disassembled a switch which was in one of my boxes with spareparts anyway.... I know sometimes I do crazy things :D... you 're right, it is a pain.... all thhese little parts inside were :jump: over the workbench :oops:
But now I know how it looks inside these little switches and will try to rebuilt those in the way I would like to have the LEDs in green and orange like the rest of the LR cockpit :)

Have a nice weekened!

Bjoern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles