Overnight shakedown run

Mayday

Recently acquired a jeep as a base for my first attempt at a expo type vehicle. Decided on a whim to get out of the scorching heat and head to cooler country for a quick trip. About 120 mi of highway up the hill to Williams Az and we had dropped 26 degrees:)
The jeep is a 2007 jk 4 door. It's previous owner installed a lift just prior to selling so this was the first time on highway as well as off-road. I was nervous so I packed a little more than usual toolset and bare essentials for my two daughters and I and off we went. The highway portion was as expected. Driving a brick through feathers. Took it slow and right laned it up the climb and had a small sigh of relief when I turned onto devil dog road with a half a tank of fuel.
From there we had about 30-40 trail miles all around the area to really have some fun and see what the terrain was like. The funny part was both my girls fell asleep during the trail portion lol. Didn't really need to engage four wheel drive at all but I decided to just for fun. I would live to regret that as the sensor failed and I could not get it to disengage the indicator light on dash. No cruise control home. Oh well.
Drive home was uneventful as well and I can say that I'm impressed by this vehicle. If it was my main transpo I may be worried due to the amount of sensor failure and elec gremlinsI have seen but as a project it is fine w me.
Look forward to a rack and rtt as well as a few other goodies to make trips way more enjoyable.
Anyways that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Get out there and have fun!

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeeps! Never ending fiddling, upgrading and enjoyment. Just remember what JEEP stands for (Just Empty Every Pocket). I own 3 and will never buy another make. The places you can go and the freedom they allow make every penny worth it.

I have an 08 and

Have a 158,000 miles on it it is a rubicon 4 dr and running 410 gears auto and 315-70-17 tires I tow heavy trailers and other than going slow I have had no issues.. Just check it out carefully and enjoy

Mayday

That's great to hear! I have a trailer project I have been working on but had started second guessing myself after thus trip. Is there a good info source for jeep newbs? I kinda jumped in with both feet when the opportunity presented itself and I am kinda behind the curve.

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeeps! Never ending fiddling, upgrading and enjoyment. Just remember what JEEP stands for (Just Empty Every Pocket). I own 3 and will never buy another make. The places you can go and the freedom they allow make every penny worth it.

I just bought my EIGHTH Jeep, and I second that bolded statement. Never had any generation of the Wrangler though - maybe one day.

Welcome to the flock, Brother Mayday.

Mayday

Thank you! Excited to be a part of the group. Look forward to more adventures and the idea of getting away from it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier