canter rims

alan

Explorer
Just purchased a canter 4x4 91 model turbo diesel, i hope to convert to a camper, I;m trying to find a supplier of super single rims in Australia 16x7 at least! can anyone help me.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Alan

May be give us a call too.

www.allterrainwarrior.com.au

We can probably give you a range of options as far as Canter rims go and also find a buyer for your old rims (if they are 4x4 rims, that is). Canters are our thing and we build custom vehicles for Eco-tourism (beach and outback), remote Aboriginal communities,etc and those guys are always after spares and with the ridiculous price of a genuine 4x4 rim they are still worth money second hand. We are on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland (Haven't seen much sun for a year but). Where are you?

Have a read of the recent SRW threads here and in the "general camper discussion and modification" forum.

whatcharterboat

FG Wheels

For 19.5" ,we use these. Made here in Queensland so much less frieght if your in this part of the country. Still tubeless and very heavy duty. These are about 8.25" wide and normally get fitted with a set of Hankooks or Bridgestones (all terrain type tread pattern). So far for pure offroad work we've only used the 16"s. But the 19.5"s would be absolutely perfect for Cape York. Heard you just got back. Are your teeth still chatttering?

alan

Explorer
I tried Mullin's they told me they had nothing, my rims are std 4x4 canter, so they are worth money!mmm

I have a 4wd workshop in Seaford Victoria.( Outback Accessories )

16" would suit me better with some 35" tyres.

engineer

Adventurer
alan said:
I tried Mullin's they told me they had nothing, my rims are std 4x4 canter, so they are worth money!mmm

I have a 4wd workshop in Seaford Victoria.( Outback Accessories )

16" would suit me better with some 35" tyres.

Sounds good, but just watch your weight/speed ratings. PM me if you want to sell the std. rims........

BTW, the cape roads are the best they have ever been :)

alan

Explorer
I have found an overseas supplier of truck rims, they tell me they have 16"x7" for Canters, i will let you know the outcome, Amesz never answered email.

whatcharterboat

Canter Rims

Allan Sorry.
I must have got the link wrong again. Doh. Try www.atwarrior.com.au and I don't know of any 35's that would be suitable. Just as engineer said about the weight ratings. The only 35's I know about here are for 4wd cars. If you want to stay with 16's the best option is the Michelin 100R/16s. 16x7 rims would be OK for them, just get the offsets right.

Perfect time to be buying from overseas with our dollar v US. I saw the ones at Stockton wheel. They look pretty good and maybe half the price. "pattersonimages" just bought some 19.5's for his jap import twin cab from them. If you do let me know (in this thread) how the frieght works out. I know they are so much cheaper than here but not sure about import tax and all the unknowns.
Cheers

alan

Explorer
I have found some 16"x7" steel rims with 82mm offset, can anyone tell me if these will work? these are news rims off the shelve.

engineer

Adventurer
On the old model, we used to use the original rims with only the outside rear and the track was perfect, from memory, it changed with the 637 ( 4.2 lt model?) then we used flat centres and the track was perfect again. I'll measure it up tomorrow when i do a brake adjustment and post tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

pattersonimages

Adventurer
sizing

Just received my rims from Stockton.
Specs I had been given, and ordered for a 91 4x4 canter were as follows... ( and I'll let you know how they fit when they are mounted) Was told that the rims should line up perfectly, and be able to use the spare front or rear....

STUD PATTERN 5 ON 207.86MM P.C.D.
BORE HOLE 152MM
STUD HOLE SIZE 32MM WITH 90 DEGREE CHAMFER TO SUIT WHEEL NUT.
183mm backspace.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne