'97 Sun-Lite 865... anyone have any details?

Mr4btTahoe

Hey guys..

So I'm having a '97 sun-lite 865 dropped off at my place this weekend and the details on it are lacking. I know the general dimensions and such... but was curious of dry/wet weight.. and if it is aluminum framed or all wood.

I'm getting this unit delivered for $900... everything works.. power jacks, heat/ac, shower/toilet, appliances.. etc..etc.. but the roof structure is shot. I'll be stripping the roof (minimum) and re-framing/rebuilding. From what the current owner is telling me.. he bought it from a guy recently who told him the roof HAD a leak.. but he had it repaired. The guy rushed him on pick-up and he didn't look it over very well. When he got home, he noticed some damage to the interior ceiling and when he pulled it apart, found nearly the entire roof structure to be rotted out. He said he pulled some of the interior wall panels but didn't find any damage in the walls... floor is still solid.. jack points are still solid...

He was planning on fixing it and started buying materials.. but then his work schedule changed and he just didn't have time to mess with it. So, he's giving me all the materials and delivering it from 2 hours away. He also said he'll help me set it up and show me that everything works as he said. I'm taking his word for it as I was clear that I'd send him back home with it if things are not as he said.

I figure, worst case, I can gut it for parts and build my own.. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can easily rebuild the roof and go on about our day.

We'll see saturday.

So.. anyone else own one of these and have specs on them? Can't find a manufacturer website anymore.

Last edited:

cobratom

Approved Vendor
I have always said about most modern manufactured RV's. There are those that presently have a leak, have had a leak in the past or will in the future. Water will find a way. Everyone I have ever come across definitely damaged the walls or floors, there just seems to be no avoiding it, so I would really be skeptical about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz