I want a 270...Alu-Cab or Ezi Awn?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I've avoided getting an awning for so long because I hate setting up guide wires etc, but when the Shadow awning came along we finally went for it. So far so good. We put together a mini review, hope it's helpful.
Cheers,

Awesome to hear your take on the awning and thank you for the video. If you ever decide to use the Alu-Cab strap, it can be attached under the Front Runner SlimLineII by using an 8mm bolt and no drilling, let me know if i can answer any questions.
URgeA8J.jpg

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Nice work! Agreed, the limb risers would have to be darn tall to get it out of the way of the shadow awning since it sits so far forward and high. I think it could be tough to get it that high without creating other issues. Also, with limb risers, I still get hit by branches on the side. I think I need a new cover made of chainmaille. ;-)
Thanks! I like the chainmaille cover idea...lol. Well, I installed the front extention on my redneck mod to my Yakima roof rack system. It's main purpose is to provide an adequate mounting spot to anchor the upper end of the limb risers. I'm also looking for a little front end protection for my RTT. I also set up limb risers. I'm happy with way they turned out. I think they'll give some much needed protection for the way the front of the Awn is so exposed. Plus some peace of mind on brushy trails.
IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
That's a great idea!! Looks like it should help deflect most of the hits!
Still... don't you sorta want to put a cap on it and use it as a battering ram?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier