Camp stereo

lugueto

Adventurer
Bluetooth speakers, as mentioned, have become the ubiquitous source for camp tunes since their inception.

There are a BUNCH of rugged ones that are reasonably priced. I personally use an Altec Lansing Life Jacket, rain proof, dust proof. Great sound and battery life.

I also use a Skullcandy Ambush when backpacking or bikepacking. Its not powerful, but its tiny, ultralight and ultra portable.

A few friends use the UE Roll, very good portable speaker.

Options are almost infinite, you just have to find one that fits your budget and be done with it.

Lykos

Super Trucker
Bluetooth speakers, as mentioned, have become the ubiquitous source for camp tunes since their inception.

There are a BUNCH of rugged ones that are reasonably priced. I personally use an Altec Lansing Life Jacket, rain proof, dust proof. Great sound and battery life.

I also use a Skullcandy Ambush when backpacking or bikepacking. Its not powerful, but its tiny, ultralight and ultra portable.

A few friends use the UE Roll, very good portable speaker.

Options are almost infinite, you just have to find one that fits your budget and be done with it.

I have to admit that I'm late to the party when it comes to music. I'm 46 and only recently have I started using iHeart radio. I don't even have an iTunes account.

I think the waterproof, cheap Bluetooth speakers are the way to go for music festival camping. Music festival not being a metaphor. Think Bonnaroo, Floydfest, Festy...

Thanks

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
While not ideal for long uses I have some old 6x9 speakers mounted in my camper shell that I use while camping, usually can get 6 or more hours playing, speakers are just connected to the main headunit in the cab so that means I can have xm radio etc

Zeiderman

Adventurer
I run Oontz Angle, jams nice for a little speaker, even kicks a lil bass. I probably get 8-10 hours out of a charge. I keep it and lis ten to it in my dusty humid garage, and by the pool. So far been running great for a year.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

MOguy

Explorer
I built this years ago. A car stereo and speakers, a lawn mower battery a non ground plane antenna designed for a boat and a 5 gallon bucket. it will run for over 24 hours. It is a little bulky.

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

Chili

Explorer
Much of my music now comes from Amazon Prime.. You can download music for free (to a limited number of devices) so that you can listen offline. We just pair that with a small bluetooth speaker. We love to have music, especially in the evenings around the fire, but always keep the volume pretty low so I don;t put too much emphasis on getting something with great sound.

We used to have a portable tower speaker thing that was incredible. Sounded awesome and battery would last forever, but they quit selling them years ago and ours finally died (battery quit recharging). I can actually still use it plugged in, but that kinda defeats the purpose. And they are tough. Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bacini-Acou...wer-Speaker-/232328196652?hash=item3617d6f22c

doug720

Expedition Leader
Here is my take on a Ammo Can stereo.

I used a 50 cal. wide can ($17.00), car stereo with remote I had on hand (Free), Motorcycle sealed battery ($35.00), dual usb+cig plug+voltmeter ($13.00), small BOSE surround sound speakers I had (Free), double male cig plugs - to charge from vehicles ($14.00), single cig plug to charge with battery charger ($7.00), led lamp ($6.00), Firewire to 1/8" cord ($9.00), wire, 3 switches - plugs/vm on/off, radio on/off and light on/off, and misc alum on hand, about 2 hours of time. Total cost - $111.00

It plays for at least 20 hours, I can charge devices or run lights etc. It has a remote and a light, weighs about 20 pounds, can be charged from a vehicle or charger, completely portable and self contained, and sounds really good.

It suits our needs really well. My 19 year old daughter has even borrowed it and her friends think its kind of cool!

Attachments

• P1120603.jpg
    P1120603.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1120614.jpg
    P1120614.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P1120608.jpg
    P1120608.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 15
  • P1120611.jpg
    P1120611.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 15
  • P1120610.jpg
    P1120610.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 15

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Braven-Gear-Patrol.jpg

Although the home projects above look fun, they big, heavy, and power hungry. This is the size of a beer can at half the weight.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
does it atleast come with a free yeti cooler?!?!
you can get some pretty awesome bluetooth speakers for <$50

If you honestly think that, yuo dont know what awesome really is
The sound quality and overall greatness of a 50.00 skullcandy speaker is garbage compared to the 150+ speakers.

I have a altec lansing Bluetooth speaker I got for my birthday last year that I use with my phone playing music from my amazon music list.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Minirig is the best portable speaker I've ever owned. 80 hours battery life, sounds great (even better with the sub), and it'll really piss off your neighbours if you're that type of person.

brush-silver-mrbt.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles