Camp stereo

Lykos

Super Trucker
I'm sitting sipping a Parkway Brewery in a friend's backard 'round their fire pit.
In the absence of a boom box I've the suburban's stereo playing a local station.

Got me thinking. ..

Is there an overlander trick for camp music that I can apply to my music festival camping rig?

Zeiderman

Adventurer
They just invented some crazy new stuff, one's a bluetooth speaker and the other is something called Pandora. Not quite sure on how it works but from what I understand people are going crazy over it. And for the folks that don't appreciate Metallica's rendition of kumbaya they even have some sort of noise control functions. Crazy I know, right!? And I hear tell they even have an Expo ready speaker, water proof, shock proof, compass, titanium spork, yeti cup...........

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

outback97

Adventurer
Usually we enjoy the quiet when camping and find any non-nature noise intrusive and unwelcome. On the other hand when camped in out of the way places miles from anyone else that might not share our taste in music, I have used one of those brick shaped bluetooth speakers. Not the best audio quality but just fine for some campfire tunes.

I have had one of these for a few years, mostly it lives in the garage where I can plug an MP3 player or phone into it.
https://www.cnet.com/products/urge-basics-soundbrick/review/

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Let me say up front; I am not in favor of LOUD (approaching concert level or even loud car stereos, or more) music while camping (please don't be one of THEM); however, those of us that spend more than picnic time in the woods often find that some music can, occasionally, be desirable (especially when rain/snowed/sleeted in for the week/end)... I will state that, IMO, your audio rights end where someone else's ears begin (if they can hear it out side of your camp or even vehicle; it is too loud).
We have tried many things ranging from running down the vehicle batteries playing tunes to old style boom boxes (playing MP3 CDs) to generator powered home stereos; what we have evolved into are Blue tooth distributed tunes either supplying Bluetooth speakers (the reasonably good ones are semi expensive) to my current 20 watt per channel cheep Bluetooth amp (~ $20, amazon) pushing a couple (4) old KLH patio speakers for in tent or near field/low to moderate level, camp fire tunes... the amp has the disadvantage of needing speaker wires but has the advantage of being able to run from relatively large capacity house/tent/vehicle 12 volt batteries, I really need to make a small subwoofer for it...
Bluetooth compatibility seems to be the best thing so far (no patch cords and when one device runs down its easy to switch to another (source or speaker) along with long runtime (15 hours is too short, IMO) speakers. Personally, so far, I am running music from an expansion memory card in my cell phone but one of my friends is using (I think, an I pod) satellite radio is also good though,we try to camp out of WI-FI and cell phone range so it is primarily for in vehicle use so far.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
I usually camp well off the beaten path, and I think music can enhance the experience, plus I enjoy it! A nice location, a camp fire, stars, a cocktail, a small group and a little music is very nice. If We are close to other people, we keep any sound...music, voices, etc., close and low.

Though we can play digital music from phones and Ipads, wired or bluetooth, I enjoy CD's. I made an 50 cal, ammo box set up with a car stereo, motorcycle battery, and 2 small Bose surround sound speakers. It plays for days, re-charges with a 12v plug from the 60, has ports for cigarette and USB plugs to power, recharge or jump, and is easy to store and carry.

Music soothes the savage beast...

Nothing wrong with music if you are not bothering anyone else.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I was way deep in that six pack when In poates this. LoL

The ammo can set up sounds fun. Would love to see pics.

I'll check out the UE set up.

To all that answered my silly question, thank you.

And if you're ever in the Roanoke VA hey a sizer of the Get Bent IPA. Tasty. ..

Lykos

Super Trucker
They just invented some crazy new stuff, one's a bluetooth speaker and the other is something called Pandora. Not quite sure on how it works but from what I understand people are going crazy over it. And for the folks that don't appreciate Metallica's rendition of kumbaya they even have some sort of noise control functions. Crazy I know, right!? And I hear tell they even have an Expo ready speaker, water proof, shock proof, compass, titanium spork, yeti cup...........

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Nothing from National Luna? Can I mount a RTT on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94