Affordable portable shower, seen this one?

iowalr4

Adventurer
I have been looking at a new shower setup. I think the Nemo Helio LX Pressure Shower looks like a good option if I plan to just boil water on a stove and go that route, packs very small and has decent pressure.

I have also been looking at the Zodi dual burner setup. I would want to use a 12v pump for good pressure and to have an on/off ability (otherwise it just wastes water). I guess It might be possible to use the included battery pump and let that recirc the water, then a 12v pump off the vehicle to shower from the same bucket. I am also concerned about pack size though, so the Nemo Helio might be a better option. I have to decide on how 'nice' of a shower I want to have.

ArkansasDon

Observer
I use a 5gal solar shower bag that I removed the shower head & install a small fill valve to transfer the water into a 2 gallon garden sprayer with 6 ft of woven hose & a sink sprayer nozzle. Works great & using no power or fuel to heat or transfer, just the sun to warm the water & several pumps of the sprayer to rinse off. Its small enough not to take up room & light enough to take to the shower dressing tent 001.jpg

briferg

Observer
I have been looking at a new shower setup. I think the Nemo Helio LX Pressure Shower looks like a good option if I plan to just boil water on a stove and go that route, packs very small and has decent pressure.

I have also been looking at the Zodi dual burner setup. I would want to use a 12v pump for good pressure and to have an on/off ability (otherwise it just wastes water). I guess It might be possible to use the included battery pump and let that recirc the water, then a 12v pump off the vehicle to shower from the same bucket. I am also concerned about pack size though, so the Nemo Helio might be a better option. I have to decide on how 'nice' of a shower I want to have.

I have the regular Nemo and it works really well, starts small. I didn't know about the LX until your post though.
I don't think I would pour boiling water into it though, also if you leave it in the sun it does get warm.
307_1.jpg
307_2.jpg

Last edited:

jk6661

Observer
As I posted on another shower thread awhile back, I really haven't found anything I think would work better than a 4-gallon metal bucket for heating the water on a stove (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QFHEVAC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IMX032HBSF595&colid=1Z55ZYFWSPYRV) and this sprayer (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFHFJXI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I34NMTWIZ64G8L&colid=1Z55ZYFWSPYRV). Cheap and simple, plus the sprayer is highly rated and rechargeable via USB or 12v, so you don't have one more thing that needs batteries or pumping. It's just theoretical though because I haven't tried it yet.

icedragonmx

Adventurer
I use a 5gal solar shower bag that I removed the shower head & install a small fill valve to transfer the water into a 2 gallon garden sprayer with 6 ft of woven hose & a sink sprayer nozzle. Works great & using no power or fuel to heat or transfer, just the sun to warm the water & several pumps of the sprayer to rinse off. Its small enough not to take up room & light enough to take to the shower dressing tent View attachment 418570

This looks like a winning combo! Would be light enough to move around with a fill of water too.

hemifoot

Observer
back in our tenting days i made a pressurized shower out of a 5 gallon bucket,a 350 gph boat bilge pump,a sealed 12 volt agm battery for an alarm system or an atv,and a shower hose i got at home depot.total cost was around 50 bucks and it lasted for years.the only drawback was needing to boil a big pot of water,but it was good for both of us to
shower in one go and the bucket served as a portable toilet as well,with the chemical bag of course,along with the toilet lid made for a 5 gallon bucket.add the fold a privy and you're golden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier