1997 Chevy 3500 Diesel Van w/ Quigley 4x4, only 15k on new engine - $17999 PAC NW

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6181049441.html
(not mine)

UPDATE:
I've had this van listed on and off for the past several months for $21,500 and have had several deals fall thru because of bank financing. For any of you new to this type of rig, there's no 4x4 conversion box to check on sites like KBB, so banks typically won't lend more than the price of a standard 2WD vehicle. Since so much of the value in these vans is in the 4x4 conversion, there's usually a fairly wide gap between what the van is worth at market price vs. what the bank is willing to lend. I currently have a buyer working on getting a bank loan right now, but I told him I planned to list the van simultaneously in case that fell thru. All cards on the table: I currently have the van parked at a friends house and am losing my parking spot for it in the very near future, so I'm motivated just as much by time as I am by money (which is why I dropped my price considerably). If anyone can come put cash or a cashier's check in my hand before the other buyer can get a bank loan approved, it's all yours. This is truly a rare one of a kind rig.

Original Ad:
Up for sale is a super clean 1997 Chevy Express 3500 4x4 Van with only 15k on a new Duramax 6.5L turbo diesel engine.

This van is in great shape for a '97. Newer paint, newer tires, clean interior, and of course the rare Quigley 4x4 conversion. This van was previously owned by an oil pipeline company and is/was set up to do pipeline inspection. With that purpose in mind, it has a buildout that includes a desk and a wall with instrumentation and what was space for a TV. It also has a compartment for additional batteries and camera equipment. Currently all of the equipment is disconnected but still attached to the buildout. I contemplated tearing it all out which would be easy enough to do, but figured I'd leave it in place in case whoever buys it wants to incorporate it into their own camper buildout.

There is a shore power hookup with 110 outlets inside, but everything was disconnected before I bought it and I haven't wired it back together myself. Wouldn't be hard to do though. The wiring is professionally done with a full fuse panel on the wall.

The body of this rig has 165,950 miles on it, but it had a new engine installed 15k ago. Just replaced the gear box and had a new battery put in.

I just got back from a 2,500 mile cross country road trip and it performed flawlessly. This is a solid runner that is ready to go without investing a dime into it. It's ready for a long road trip as-is.

The van is currently located in Seattle. Unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to meet anyone outside of the area unless they come to me, but I'm 5 min from the Amtrak station in Edmonds and can pick anyone who's interested up there if taking the train from out of town.

Feel free to call with any questions. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94