Custom van from Global Expedition Vehicles...

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for sharing. This is an interesting camper. The ad reads,

2012 Specialty Van
Custom 20′ 6″ (6.25m)
Width: 82″ — Overall Height: 11′ 2″ — Height to Top of Roof Rack: 10′
Donor Truck Chassis: Chevy Kodiak C4500 – Gasoline – Mileage 89751
$70,000 USD…Also Available: 2013 Duramax Engine, Transmission and Transfer Case with 8,000 miles

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Yep, saw this at Expo West this year, quite the beast. At Expo I don't think GXV had decided quite what to do with it, guess they are moving it out to make room for new projects.

adam88

Explorer
Is it just me or does that seem like a total STEAL of a deal? $70,000 US? It's incredibly well-built and it even has a lithium ion battery bank. I was surprised, expected it to have the usual GXV premium. Good deal!

joey

Observer
Is it just me or does that seem like a total STEAL of a deal? $70,000 US? It's incredibly well-built and it even has a lithium ion battery bank. I was surprised, expected it to have the usual GXV premium. Good deal!

Might have something to do with the drivetrain (8.1L gasser)? Which is why they are offering the duramax as an upgrade maybe...

I was thinking the same thing as you though.

gregmchugh

Observer
I expect it will sell pretty quick at this price. I saw it under construction earlier this year when we were at GXV getting our Kenworth build contract finalized. As noted earlier the truck was available for a really low price with a bare interior so that helped keep the build cost down.

adam88

Explorer
Might have something to do with the drivetrain (8.1L gasser)? Which is why they are offering the duramax as an upgrade maybe...

I was thinking the same thing as you though.

Yeah that was my guess too, since they are offering the duramax. The 8.1L gasser is a great engine though, but it's HORRIBLE on fuel mileage. I think this van with the big tires and the gas engine would be extremely lucky to get 10mpg. That is definitely a consideration. But I still love this rig!

joey

Observer
Yeah that was my guess too, since they are offering the duramax. The 8.1L gasser is a great engine though, but it's HORRIBLE on fuel mileage. I think this van with the big tires and the gas engine would be extremely lucky to get 10mpg. That is definitely a consideration. But I still love this rig!

Right there with ya on that. It is ************ and if were closer to me, I'd be going to look at it...

But i think 10mpg is generous for this rig and a 8.1 gasser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior