Independent suspension, looks good...

Mccaf

Adventurist
So my builder twisted my arm and I gave in over a straight axle/leaf set up. The air shocks up to 200psi, 35" Toyo M/T's will add about 4" of lift. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Any driving tips or things of that nature to be aware of besides uneven terrain?

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

1.9TDIZook

Observer
Make sure to put limiting straps and bump stops on so
you don't blow out the shocks.
looks like there is some chain on there.

deepmud

Adventurer
Scrolling back to old threads - no ubolts to the leaves? It took me awhile to see you have a combo indendent/leaf spring/airshock set up - i was having a hard time with that much lay-back if the shocks were the sole "air spring" but as a supplement to the leaf springs - sure. It's been awhile - have you had it out and about?

Kmakser

It seems that is an old threads ,I've been browsing before , but I can't remember the original thread

CampStewart

Observer
I thought one of the advantages of a independent suspension was to get rid of heavy rough riding leaf springs. If using those A arms I would have thought airbags would have been the natural way to carry the load particularly being as you are using shocks. What will be the wear parts on the pivot? Is there a zerk fitting?

ever thought about free floating the leafs? ie, putting a shackle on the front and rear leaf to frame mounts? That way the leafs will follow the trailing arm without binding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles