2000 Excursion Build

elpoffroad

Adventurer
Finally got my iPad in the dash. Just some details I previously had a kenwood double din, I simply got tired of it cause the navigation sucked compared to the iPad as well as being able to integrate everything into one device. So I actually had the mount sitting in my garage for over a year now. I went with the fifieldfabrications iPad mini kit. As well as a pioneer single din unit that has been sitting in garage for over a year. I removed the cup holder/ash tray and the head unit fit almost perfectly just had minor trimming to do on the back side. I still have to make some kind of trim piece to finish off the radio bezel. As for the iPad mount it took me a total of 3 nights after work to get it to the stage I'm at now. I still need a few more coats of putty, sand and primer to get it perfect but so far I'm pretty impressed with how well I did for my first time. The hardest part of this was after cutting out slot to fit the bracket was getting it to hold in place and make sure it was all lined up when putting on the bondo and keeping it in place until it set up. After that it was just form the edges and a lot of sanding.

b677a7954e77e124c83d99a7b9bee3f3.jpg
8f158c2ea07218201fd8faec4536c094.jpg
2c798e161da8b9b8b52fdef46579ebf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the mods that I have been wanting to do. I already have the ipad mini.

Pharms20

Its a great experience , sadly one of the rangers mentioned that it might be the last year that it happens, apparently they got some sort of disease that is killing off the colony :-(

Oh man that's no good.

Pharms20

This is one of the mods that I have been wanting to do. I already have the ipad mini.

Do it if you have the spare time it's well worth it. I'm very happy I finally went through with it over a year of debating cutting up my dash bezel. But so glad I did lol.

Pharms20

How do you like your rancho 9000 xl ? Im looking to get new shocks in my ex and looking at peoples opinion.

So far they have been great. Love the ability to adjust between highway driving and off road. There's a noticeable difference between being set on 1 or stiffened up all the way to 9. Got about 5,000 miles on them right now so we shall see how durable they are. I will keep you updated if I ever run into an issue with them. On one of my older excursions I had years ago had the blisteins on it and man they were like day and night over stock. I think they were the 5100's but it's hard to compare the 5100's vs the 9000xl since can't try them both currently. But overall I think either choice is good and can't go wrong with them.

Pharms20

Hey, wondering if you wanted the dash bezel with the iPad insert. I have sold my excursion and moved on to a new Tacoma 4x4. Figured I would let you know first before I listed it for sale. Let me know
e778577800c78c0fb8063871bcce11e5.jpg

jesser

02 Excursion
Sorry to see you enter and leave the Excursion Overlanding world in less than 6 months. That was a nice rig. Great dash bezel too.

Pharms20

Sorry to see you enter and leave the Excursion Overlanding world in less than 6 months. That was a nice rig. Great dash bezel too.

Oh I’m sure I will be back. This was excursion #3 for me in the past 10 years and vehicle #37. I tend to change vehicles like underwear is what my wife says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles