Dometic 2 way 110 l.p. wont start on lp

wandererr

Adventurer
Halfway through the trip I swapped out the tanks. Now the fridge won't start on l.p.. I can't hear the starter nor do I see the flame. Its a year old fridge (don't have model number handy). I pulled over and connected inverter to onboard battery not to lose food. I will test voltage To fridge when I get to the camp. Otherwise I have no ideas (I think I have voltage to fridge for controls as the auto l.p. light seems to function. ). Any ideas?

wandererr

Adventurer
Word to the wise.... check.if your fuse isn't knocked half way out.... was getting 5 v to the fridge.... checked the fuse and voila. Popped it back in and it fired right back up..... wish I checked it sooner..... but since galley isn't finished access to the fuse a major bear....

Silverhorse

Adventurer
had this issue also but I could hear it trying to start/light. I was told rust/debris can fall into the pilot light area restricting the gas flow by my local RV repair shop. they suggested blowing compressed air in the unit and sure enough that corrected the issue. Have not had an issue of swapping from electric to LP since...

wandererr

Adventurer
another interesting tidbit that I have discovered ..... when the voltage on the battery drops below 10 (my bad... I know), fridge stops working on LP...... Solar setup is next on the list... haven't had the time to finish it for this one....

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Do you have a little switch for the 12v option? You should be able to only run it on propane. My old 2 way has the knob for gas and a switch for 12v.

wandererr

Adventurer
Again - I discovered the issue - fuse was partially knocked out resulting in low voltage across the line....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior