Shower/privacy/potty tent solutions?

swduncan

Observer
Wow! That is the Taj Ma Potty. Definitely large and sturdy. We've got a Cabela's nearby so I'll have a look. It is expensive, and heavy though.

BTW we are headed to the south island. Wife's very stoked to cross another lighthouse off her list.

huachuca

Adventurer
Wow! That is the Taj Ma Potty. Definitely large and sturdy. We've got a Cabela's nearby so I'll have a look. It is expensive, and heavy though.

BTW we are headed to the south island. Wife's very stoked to cross another lighthouse off her list.

Portsmouth or South Core are both great. If lighthouses are an attraction and your schedule permits, you could take the Ocracoke / Cedar Island Ferry coming down or going home and hit several more - the Ocracoke, Hatteras, Bodie Island, Roanoke Marshes (Manteo) and Currituck Lights are all more or less in a line on the Outer Banks. Take Highway 64 out of or into Manteo and you could add the two Roanoke River lighthouses in Plymouth and Edenton on the way to or from I-95. All but Ocracoke are open for climbing. The Park Service has campgrounds on Ocracoke, two (Frisco and Cape Point) near the Hatteras Light and a fourth, Oregon Inlet, in the north near Bodie Island that you can get into without reservations.

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/nc.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94