Mitsubishi Owners Day / Saturday / 08 July 2017 / Mitsubishi Motors North America HQ

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
Starts @ 9:00 a.m.
Ends @ 1:00 p.m.

How about us Montero owners consider meeting @ Costco, prior to event start...

Show up in force...

Costco: 5300 block of Katella, between Winners Circle & Walker Street...

Event address: 6400 Katella Ave., Cypress, CA, 90630

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/events

I'm sure others have attended previous events... care to advise on the following?

1. I find no registration requirement, is there one?

2. Are vehicles displayed by invitation only?

3. If no specific requirements are in place, does the display area fill up rather quickly?

4. What would be an optimal time to meet up prior to this event kicking off?

Interested parties please chime in!

Offroadmuch

Explorer
+1 for meet up at Costco prior. I will be there. May need to meet early so we can hang and talk and have time to drive over to Mitsu and get a good parking spot. No answers for your questions above. This will be my first one.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
answers:
1. no preregistration required
2. vehicles are displayed in groups by model, but once the display area is full, its just a free for all in the outer lots
3. fills fast, if you're planning to arrive the day of the event (july 8th) don't plan on a good parking spot in the display area, in order to get a good parking spot you have to arrive before 9pm the night before the event (july 7) if you arrive the day of the event you'll end up in an outlying lot near the event. Which isnt bad, but it's not a good parking spot for sure.
4. 7-9pm july 7th, camp out!

AZ crew is rolling out friday morning to camp at mitsu, attending the event saturday and then Adventure Driven Design has put together the after party, an easy trail run up into San Bernadino National Forest for good city views, cooler temps and camping for the night with the Montero crew, folks from AZ, nor cal, canada and other areas will be attending.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
IRX,

Can you suggest any specific area for the pre-staging?

Directly off of Katella?

Are we allowed to simply roll into the MMNA property, seek out the Montero group and camp overnight on-site?

Thanks for your excellent input!

We're up for "roughing it" in the city...

- Wm.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
In the past, you can just roll up on the MMNA property for the event, everything will already be pre-organized in sections. As for camping, no idea if they'll allow tents or so.

But it'll be interesting to see more Monteros this year as the previous years it was just a few of us only and our section gets cannibalized by other cars.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Not sure about tents, I slept in my 79 Galant wagon last year (full 7 foot bed in there with the seats folded down) but they're set up to receive people the day before the event, friendly staff, but dont ask for permission to do things, they'll say no to things just to cover their butts (they're just the low end of the totem pole, all nice folks but you cant blame them for saying 'no' when asked.) There's no rules posted as to what you can and can't do, there's been no one to tell us not to camp out and they've been really cool in years past, treat the venue with the utmost respect and there shouldn't be any kind of issue. Come planning to tent camp, but prepare the possibility of camping in your car, if you can. Locals have dropped their vehicles off and gotten a ride home to return in the morning for the event, if that's what you want to do, you're welcome to park near us and we'll do our best to keep an eye on the trucks, but everyone there is super chill from my experience.

ADD will be releasing more info on the days leading into the event, our contact info, our plans (once solidified) and time frames. Right now we're herding cats to get everyone collected. I think the canadian crew leaves this sunday and norcal crew comes down on wednesday or thursday.

There's a group on facebook for this:
click here
and a thread on the add forum
click here

Oso

Forest Defecator
The after party sounds cool!

We'll be arriving Friday afternoon to stake out a good spot - maybe in the display area. The rig will be covered in dust and dirt - so I might as well show it gets used, right? I'm planning to extend the awning and camp beneath. Might even set up my shower. 😁

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
We'll be showing up Friday afternoon... and here I thought trying to beat the crowd @ Pomona [auto swap meet] was a PITA.

Then again, the weather will be fine and the accommodations large enough to let us stretch out.

nckwltn

Explorer
last minute change of plans..... Will be coming down. I've got Joshua's phone number from the AZ Crew thread.... hoping to get there a little early, but aiming for at least 9am.

nckwltn

Explorer
Great to put a few faces with expo names. Wish I could have done the after lunch drive, will have to plan it in advance next year.

Was also cool seeing the mods that others have done, some great ideas.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
35 Monteros and 2 Delicas at MOD, few Monteros off site as well. Good meeting everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz