1991 f350 CCLB 'Great White' Build

dmolson92

Observer
Here is my 1991 F350 CCLB 4x4 7.3 IDI. I picked her up about 4 months ago and have gone through lots of maintenance items. She is a little rough on the outside, just faded paint and minor surface rust. Mechanically, she is awesome and overall just a sweet truck!

How I found her:

After getting some General Grabber X3's in 315/75r16 flavor on some black rims:

And a recent shot with the camper:

My plan is to use this thing to roam Texas and the Southwest for years to come. I love the versatility of this aluminum camper shell that I picked up. It is just me, my wife, and our border collie O'Reilly. We love to get out and explore and I LOVE landscape photography. I am situated west of San Antonio about 2 hours, which puts me in a prime spot to get lots of places in the Hill Country, out to the Big Bend are, and even scamper out to the southwest and sometimes Colorado.

Things I have already fixed:
Rebuilt fuel system
Rebuilt AC system
Rebuilt front steering, all new parts, new redhead steering gearbox
Install Leer Utility camper shell
New Kenwood Headunit and front JBL speakers (priorities! gotta have some tunes)
Solid rear Diff Cover
Warn Manual Hubs
Electric fuel pump install
New Fuel System
Oil Cooler reseal

Current things on order or waiting to be installed:
RSK 2.25, U code spring, B code SPrings, and fox 2.0's- this should get me level and help the ride out a ton. Track bar as well
Reflectix in camper shell
Seal camper shell
Mount lights in shell
mount exterior lights
run house battery system
install switches and electrical
install headlight relay system
build sleeping platform
mount spare tire
build cupholder/ front console

Things to do (future) or order:
Repaint truck to fleet white
order driving lights
vent fans for camper shell
Turbo install (Big Maybe, but would really like some extra power for highway travel)
super duty seat upgrade
Front bumper with winch
rear bumper with swingout carrier
rear locker
on board air
sub install
vinyl flooring

I know I am missing alot, but I will update this as time permits and do my best to document her as she grows and morphs!

Feel free to comment, give suggestions, encouragement, disapproval, etc!

Last edited:
Subscribed. Looking forward to see it come along. You can carry a lot in that rig. How many miles are on it? I never had one but I heard that the older Ford diesels are bulletproof.

seanpistol

Explorer
I've seen a used Banks or ATS turbo for the IDI pop up on the local classifieds for $800 more than once. Keep your eye out!

dmolson92

Observer
Subscribed. Looking forward to see it come along. You can carry a lot in that rig. How many miles are on it? I never had one but I heard that the older Ford diesels are bulletproof.

Just rolled 100k for the first time. Confirmed with DMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmolson92

Observer
Leave the patina!

I would love to, but I also have a wife to satisfy with it's appearance. I was also told that I couldn't make a rustoleum gloss white paint job look good for under a 100 bucks. So, challenge accepted. Hahahaha

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Very nice, Love the pre 97 fords, they are a great truck and last forever! that diesel isn't the most powerful but they make great low end torque and run forever!! Is it a manual or auto? either way you got a hell of a buy!!

dmolson92

Observer
Very nice, Love the pre 97 fords, they are a great truck and last forever! that diesel isn't the most powerful but they make great low end torque and run forever!! Is it a manual or auto? either way you got a hell of a buy!!

Thanks! I really love these trucks too! Simple to work on and keep running! I think a turbo kit and pump tuning would satisfy my desire for some better highway drivability. If it doesn't, I have a 97 12 valve I rebuilt years ago and it's just sitting! Ha

It's an auto. Wish it was a manual, but the wife can drive it this way!

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
OH yeah, now that's a truck to be proud of!! Don't forget to add BIG transmission cooler to the to do list, a good cooler will keep that baby happy and keep you happy too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94