Goonie - 09 Chevy Express AWD Camper Van

Goonie

We shifted our attention away from the van for a bit and needed some mobile storage. We found a great deal on an 1999 7x16 haulmark enclosed trailer and we jumped on it!

The main reason it was a steal was the brakes didnt work and the owner didn’t want to troubleshoot/replace them. After taking the trailer home I confirmed all 4 brakes were dead, especially when the brake pad fell off when I pulled the drum off!

$120 later all 4 brakes were replaced, the axles lubed, breakaway battery replaced, and misc running lights replaced the trailer passed inspection and is good as new!

Goonie

Been a bit busy over the last 6 months, had some downtime and remembered I had this thread. It’s amazing how I constantly find better ways to organize gear or think of better ways I could have built the van years later. That being said, we’re having a blast!

45Kevin

Adventurer
Just went through your tripline, awesome trip you are on.
If you get back to Alberta PM me. I can offer a shower for less than $2.
Van is looking great as well.
We have a 2 month trip into Baja and mainland MX coming this winter.

Goonie

Just went through your tripline, awesome trip you are on.
If you get back to Alberta PM me. I can offer a shower for less than $2.
Van is looking great as well.
We have a 2 month trip into Baja and mainland MX coming this winter.
Thanks dude, we appreciate it! Have fun on your Baja trip, we thought about going to Mexico but we’re dissuaded by the worry’s about bribery, theft, etc.

Scotty D

Mexico is not nearly as dangerous as it sounds , especially Baja.
That trailer however , is it bit more than your 4l60e is comfortable towing. Remember , the towing capacity of our vans would be fantastic except for the weak tranny. It will do it , but it will shorten the life considerably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior