2015 Titan Pro 4X Build

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
So the planning stages of my truck build are underway. How long the planning stage lasts and the actual build begins depends on a couple of factors (one of which is if I can sell my expo trailer project.

What I'm starting with is a 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4X with about 34,000 miles. The definite additions are an ARB Bullbar Bumper with winch, Wilco Hitchgate tire carrier, probably new upper control arms, leveling kit, and rear leafs. I'd also like a hard tonneau cover with linear actuators to be able to lift a RTT up to deployment height but keep it below the level of the cab while driving. Slideouts, cabinets, kitchen, etc may be in the future or not depending on how far that gets.

I stopped by 4WheelParts in San Antonio today to drool over the bumper and winch. They also have the Hitchgate in their warehouse just not one on hand, although they said they've installed a dozen of them and everyone seems happy with the product. Since Titan's seem to be limited on aftermarket items I'm going to have to go with what I can find and make it work.

Timeline would be to have everything finished before late spring of next year. I want to do the Idaho Backroads Discovery Route and would like to make sure it's mission ready before that happens. If it's like this year there will be snow issues into June and probably a fair amount of dead falls so would definitely like to have the bumper/winch combo finished before that. I can always ground tent it if absolutely necessary so the RTT will likely be the last acquisition.

IMG_1436.jpgIMG_1438.jpgARB Bumper.jpghitchgate spare tire carrier.jpg

Last edited:

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
I'll be following this thread closely since I have nearly the exact same truck (2015 Pro4x, except mine's white).

Raul B

Explorer
my buddy from xterra performance has a really nice frontier. They also own nistec so I would def check them out too....

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
my buddy from xterra performance has a really nice frontier. They also own nistec so I would def check them out too....

Do you have a web address? Nisstec.com is a dead page, Nistec.com is a EMS provider so neither of them help. Sites for Xterras and Frontiers don't really help as they're a different platform than the Titan.

davidshourd

Adventurer
Nice Set up! I just recently jumped into this 2014 Titan. coming from the Frontier it was a nice change but still miss that frontier!
I like the direction you are going with your set up, that is pretty much just what I did. went for the ARB bumper, but wanted to hitch mount for the winch front and back so fabricated up a receiver that bolts into the ARB bumper. its nice to be able to pull the winch for the Monday through Friday then plug it in before we head out on a trip. I fabricated up some sliders to add a little more protection and gives a nice step getting in/out. I do have airbags with on board air in the rear for towing/hauling that limits the travel in the back some, but I really like the ability to adjust on the fly for the load/conditions. Up front I went with the adjustable Bilsteins shocks, set on the middle perch with a 1.5" spacer on top of those. I have the total chaos upper arms that help clear the coil buckets. decent ride even with the heavy ARB bumper. I look forward to seeing your build come together. good luck.

Document3.jpg
Document4.jpg
Document5.jpg

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Nice Set up! I just recently jumped into this 2014 Titan. coming from the Frontier it was a nice change but still miss that frontier!
I like the direction you are going with your set up, that is pretty much just what I did. went for the ARB bumper, but wanted to hitch mount for the winch front and back so fabricated up a receiver that bolts into the ARB bumper. its nice to be able to pull the winch for the Monday through Friday then plug it in before we head out on a trip. I fabricated up some sliders to add a little more protection and gives a nice step getting in/out. I do have airbags with on board air in the rear for towing/hauling that limits the travel in the back some, but I really like the ability to adjust on the fly for the load/conditions. Up front I went with the adjustable Bilsteins shocks, set on the middle perch with a 1.5" spacer on top of those. I have the total chaos upper arms that help clear the coil buckets. decent ride even with the heavy ARB bumper. I look forward to seeing your build come together. good luck.

Nice looking truck and nice to see someone from "the old country." I grew up in Grangeville and went to the U of I before moving to Spirit Lake. I actually fly in to Lewiston next month to visit my Dad who still lives in Grangeville.

davidshourd

Adventurer
Nice looking truck and nice to see someone from "the old country." I grew up in Grangeville and went to the U of I before moving to Spirit Lake. I actually fly in to Lewiston next month to visit my Dad who still lives in Grangeville.

yeah...I need to update my profile. live over in Portland, OR for the past 2 years. still own property up North of Sandpoint that I frequent. I love that area

docsimple

Observer
what do you all recommend for a shock upgrade. Working with a 2007 SE that seems to be doing ok but I plan on getting more aggressive.

Sorry for the hijack but figured it was something you would be looking at sooner or later :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles