Low-profile hard-side truck campers without cabovers

windtraveler

Observer
They call it the "Riptide" model. Mine was a little under $8K but it will depend on how you want them to build it out. In addition to complete customization, they offer a number of options for each appliance (ie - a variety of different water heaters, furnaces, windows, etc...)

Tonymorr

I like the Capri Cowboy quite a bit, but I wish it were a bit narrower. Still, it's on my short list along with this little fellow or something like him.

I've been talking to Capri. They are pretty acomodating. They said they could build me a Cowboy that was 6' wide. They have little less flexibility on the height but said they could go a little shorter. 1-2 inches less than standard. I'm also looking at the Eureka Slide In. They too are pretty accomodating.

Tony

WesternDreamer

"Not all those who wander are lost."
I've been talking to Capri. They are pretty accommodating. They said they could build me a Cowboy that was 6' wide. They have little less flexibility on the height but said they could go a little shorter. 1-2 inches less than standard. I'm also looking at the Eureka Slide In. They too are pretty accomodating.

Good to know. I didn't realize they were willing to do custom sizes at all. I'm okay with the 5' interior height, but wanted 78" - 80" overall width rather than the standard 84". Perhaps that's the way to go.

Tonymorr

Someday I want a 4WD van. This "hard side truck camper without a cabover" is the closest that I think I'm going to come in the meantime. I just want to be able to pretty easily hop in and have a place to sleep. So I'm leaning toward the Eureka. Mostly because of the aluminum construction and smooth sides. I'll probably vinyl-wrap it to somewhat hide the big white box that it is. I have a 2017 F150 extended cab 6.5 foot box. Eureka can make the camper 6 foot wide and almost any height and length I request. I want it as low as possible to minimize the big flat sail sticking up above my truck cab. I just want it tall enough inside so I don't have to bow my head when sitting on the couches. I'll get that figured out. The next thing is the length..... Originally I was thinking 7 foot long and just leave my tailgate off BUT now I'm thinking maybe make it 6.5 foot and leave the the tailgate on. My tailgate has the built in step and will make a nice little porch. When I want to put a bike on the hitch carrier or pull a trailer I will then need to leave the gate at home (if I want access to the truck camper while traveling.

I did find out one thing recently that I like about the Eureka. They are insulated. They are built to a price point so I wasn't sure they would be but they say that they are all insulated. Cool beans!

Tonymorr

I'm leaning towards the fiberglass slidein shell idea now for my 6.5 foot F150.

boite-de-travail-master-60-ford-f250-600x400.jpg

This guy has one set up nicely for his Ranger.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tonymorr

The black one on the Super Duty is a Mory Master 60. The one on the Ranger is a Spacecap brand. I'm probably going with the Mory because it is 58" inside whereas the current Spacekap Wild is 53". Mory is cheaper as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles