K5 - Blazer / Hallmark Camper Combo build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Those look like older "external locking/full time hub" front hubs (~'71-'72 Chevy and ~'71-'75ish on GMC's) versus the later "internal locking hub" hub. Also, the flat top knuckle on the passenger side ended in ~'75 or 76 on GM truck front axles.

Jack

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Those look like older "external locking/full time hub" front hubs (~'71-'72 Chevy and ~'71-'75ish on GMC's) versus the later "internal locking hub" hub. Also, the flat top knuckle on the passenger side ended in ~'75 or 76 on GM truck front axles.

Jack

I think I found the correct Warn hub for my swap
Warn Premium external style (big hub style) locking hubs, for '67-77 3/4 ton GM trucks. part # 9072

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
That is beautiful! What a great find.
This rig couldn't have a better owner. Look forward to following along on the adventure! :beer:

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
This weekends updates-

Had to replace a bunch of items to get the AC working. PO did a half conversion from R12 to R134 That wasnt cheap. But now I have ice cold AC. A must for AZ exploration.

Picked up some off brand 31 x10.5 x 15 MT tires. The previous ones were old and dry rotted. This will be until I get around to the suspension and axle swap- Then it will get some 35s

Installed a Laugun table mount and built a table top. Nice to have a place to eat. Pictures soon

Been rebuilding this Dana 44 and when it seems I take one step forward I take 3 back. After assembling everything I see a loose nut on the lower ball joints. So to play it safe I take it all apart and torque according to spec. Slam it all back together and discover one sides caliper bracket is bent and no amount of beating with a REALLY BIG ******** hammer will get it to line up. This is one of those call search and repeat parts. The Big hub dana 44 8 lug brackets are not an over the counter part. Essentially its a salavge part. Most of the places I call just laugh and say good luck. I happened to find a parts supplier out of Ogden Utah. Not only do they actually know what I am talking about they take the time to check stock and send me pictures to confirm. Solid customer service.
Ammon Johnson
Ventures Truck Parts & Equipment, L.C.
2895 Pennsylvania Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401
(801)621-0091, 1-800-464-1713

I live in a little historic home in Downtown. Wonderful little place but no garage. It's monsoons season in Northern AZ so every day about 2-4 I have to pack everything up and wait for the rain. I finally broke down and purchased one of those portable carports. Now I can keep on working..even if it feels like Florida inside the carport.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Wow wow wow. I have always dreamed of building a pop-up for a full vert like mine, or seeing if one of the still in business companies could do it.

Your's is ridiculously good. It's unreal. Love and cherish it, they are becoming impossible to find in that condition (as I'm sure you know).

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Wow wow wow. I have always dreamed of building a pop-up for a full vert like mine, or seeing if one of the still in business companies could do it.

Your's is ridiculously good. It's unreal. Love and cherish it, they are becoming impossible to find in that condition (as I'm sure you know).

It is a treasure.

The last couple of weekends have been filled with family visits and out of town friends. Hopefully soon I can get back to work

jerstw

Adventurer
Not sure how I missed this one but congrats on the find! That thing is awesome and the build plans sound great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Haven't done much - Sold my Daily driver - So this has become my daily driver for now. Its hard to drive very far without somebody asking "how much"

Solar and 12v power plugs have been the only updates.

I'm building a 4x4 Quigly Pop-top Van ( currently at OPt Overland) Not sure if I will keep the Blazer-- My heart says yes- My significant other says no

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online