new harbor freight 100w solar kit

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
They may be the same thing under a different name, what the heck, two hundred bucks if it works 2 years it could be worth it. Only time will tell, until then, I'll seek known quality, proven performance over price initially, later the cheap rigs might be an add on. :)

sonarman

Picked one up yesterday. Pretty impressive for the money I only wish I could have used the 20% off. I was generating 2 amps inside my shop monitored voltage and current with Fluke meter. The charge controller on the harbor freight unit is pretty accurate also.

rudee13

did you have the sale coupon? under $150 with it.
I haven't picked one up yet, the harbor freight guy said they can barely keep up with demand.
let's us know how you like the kit.

thx

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AndrewP

Explorer
I don't see this as a deal. It's just more low quality stuff from Harbor Freight. It uses amorphous cells, the cheapest, least efficient type. That is reflected in how large the array is once it's set up. I'm sure it will work ok for a bit, and will serve as a starter kit for people. But once you really depend on solar to augment your camping, you're going to want a better and more robust system. Which means this one will be $189 down the drain.

Why not spend about the same money and get some quality gear? It will be smaller, more efficient and better. and it will still be useful when you expand your system. The only reason I can figure you'd buy the HF kit is if you don't want to make up your own wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94