Some Frame Rust on a T100

jgallo1

Adventurer
Considering a low mile T100, it seems to have some frame rust and just wondering what y'all think. The price is good. Curious how bad this is and how hard to fix. I have attached some photos
Thanks
20170528_110348.jpg20170528_110502.jpg

steelhd

Observer
Hard to say how bad it is from the pictures. Check online Toyota T100 forum threads and find out if particular years have rust problems and where they tend to perforate. Then bring a creeper and do really thorough inspection. Beat the hell out of any suspect areas with a ball peen hammer to verify they are sound. If all is well the frame can be restored. There are easier and less effective ways to do it but this guy with an ugly Tacoma frame did it right. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/frame-restoration-did-it-myself.368199/

Anota

Observer
Oh man that is nothing compared to most I bet. Our New England trucks mostly have completely flaky frames from rust. That thing looks like it could be mint after some sanding and respray. The placed I've experienced rust in the 3 I've had were the upper shock tower mounts in the front end and cab mounts on the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94