Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lola - 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Great looking rig! I have an 03 Overland that is very similar except I went with a 4" long arm lift. I was wondering what rack you went with for the RTT and what rear spacers for the TJ you modified in order to get the lift back. I am going to be purchasing a RTT fairly soon and I was looking at the frontrunner model. Definitely pricey!!!

I have the Frontrunner load bars, not the full rack. I think I paid less than $500 for the load bar set up, including the tracks which mount to the roof. Frontrunner sells some WJ tracks which are bent and predrilled to fit the WJ. I drilled some additional holes in my WJ and added two more rivnuts per side. I have taken the RTT off the Jeep since those pictures, its just heavy dude, even the Baja lightweight one. If I didn't need such a large tent for my family, and could get by with a smaller one it might not be a big deal. Also the tent would pop the roof rack track in the areas between the rivnuts when going down dirt roads. I got this annoying pop pop pop going down the road. My M416 trailer is in the works right now for the RTT.

Also any TJ spacer will work, you just have to increase the inner diameter. The TJ bumpstop is narrower than the WJ. I think mine is a Teraflex 1", and a dremel tool did a nice job of opening it up.

Default New Trailer

Started with a M416 frame. Large box with back and side access. Awning deploys off drivers side.

5F294317-64DE-463B-8C67-4925EA86F0F2.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123