Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very southern Idaho from Jarbidge to Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post

If you're going next year, you'll probably be fine.
    Just worried about that "permanently" word you used in the prior post.

I grew up in Grangeville so know how some of the Forest Service closures can work - a sign, then a small berm, then a large berm and trench, then a permanent steel bar with sign saying "no way in hell you're ever getting in here again."
    1998 Stewart and Stevenson M1078
    2010 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4
    2015 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro 4X
    http://overlandroad.life/

Looks like a lot more closures due to fires. My dad is just SE of Grangeville and he said he's about surrounded. Hoping by the 1st of July next year the snow will be gone and the fires won't have started yet.
    1998 Stewart and Stevenson M1078
    2010 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4
    2015 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro 4X
    http://overlandroad.life/

I would like to second City of Rocks, and Massacre Rocks State park. Both are pretty cool. The Twin Springs campground on the Curlew National Grassland is an under appreciated oasis, with a lot of history surrounding it. It was a major stop on the Oregon and Mormon trails. In September there will probably be some bird hunters camping there, that's what I've used it for in the past.

Update, sorry for late post. We didn’t leave until October 11 due to installation of water storage tanks for our dire water situation ( shallow well next to mostly year round creek). We didn’t make it into Idaho so this will happen next September. We were gone 3 weeks exploring mostly N E Oregon (Wallowas, Imnaha River Road, Hells Canyon Area, Owyhees, a few backcountry Byways and a week along the Oregon Coast enjoining the last sun and warmth until next spring. We only spent a day and night in the Owyhee Area because the rains came. We have been there twice and were rained out both times. I will save this thread to plan next years trip. Thanks again.
    2008 Ford F250 Super Duty: diesel, 4x4, off road package, extended cab, long bed, Ride Rite Air bags
    2013 Hallmark Ute: solar, 2 AGM batteries, 2000 watt inverter, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12