FS: 1991 Diesel Toyota Pickup

awisernig

Apparently I can't have my cake and eat it too. I bought this truck last year to create a mechanically simple, reliable platform for a snow and surf chasing truck camper rig. Now that the project is done, I'm realizing that the XP Camper I chose is too much camper for the small 2.4 Diesel engine. I really don't want to part with it but I figure before I start putting in more money with a full floating rear axle & possible Cummins Repower swap in the fall, I'd put it up for sale and gauge interest. I really love the driving experience of it: the low end diesel torque, the 5 speed manual transmission, fully manual T-Case, and turbo whirl. I'm really tempted to sell the camper instead and just put a platform bed in the back but then I'd have to abandon the idea of comfort in the winter.

The truck is as close to new as you're going to get for a 26 year old truck. The previous owner was a Toyota mechanic in British Columbia who bought a half cut from Japan and swapped the 2LT engine into a LHD 22R pickup (engine mounts were the same and engine was offered in this body/chassis in other years). The body/frame are in great shape and shortly after I bought it, I had a dropped valve which caused engine failure. Luckily (well maybe not financially), I was close to Radd Cruisers on Vancouver Island and had them build me a new engine, including a new turbo. The body itself has about 90k miles on it, with the engine less than 10k. The interior is impeccable. The passenger side door even still has the original Japanese sticker. There's no rust, The truck currently has the XP Truck tray on the back, but I have the truck bed down in California and plan to put it back on for the sale. The truck has a clean Oregon title and can be registered in California since it was imported in the US as a diesel (Checked with the DMV/CHP when I was down in San Francisco getting work done at Toy Connection).Last tank, it got about 22mpg with the camper on the back.

Notable mods:
- ARB Bumper (no winch currently)
- 4" suspension lift
- OME leafs in the back with airbags.
- T100 manual transfer case with manual hubs.
- ARB locker front/Rear
- 2.5" dump-pipe throughout to keep EGTs down.
- Runs Evans waterless coolant to prevent boil-overs and reduce the likelihood of cracked cylinder heads.
- 33 inch KO2s with full size spare under the bed.
- Aux gauges on side pillar for Water temp/EGTs/Boost.
- Bluetooth/satnav stereo with upgraded speakers

I'm unsure what to price it at since there's not really any comparable trucks I can find in the US. I have a little over 40k in it and the two mechanics I asked say it's a 30-35k truck, but I'll say $27k. I'm also open to trades as my ultimate goal is to get a more powerful truck for the camper.

Photos at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7sYd4BkNe18cUxwdGpjYlBEVUk

Located in Portland OR, but I can drive it anywhere on the West Coast.

Image%202017-07-03%20at%205.26.19%20PM.png
Image%202017-07-03%20at%205.27.42%20PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier