2006 duramax with northstar 850sc

Sunnyddeelite

Hi new to this forum found lots of good. Please forgive me still learning how to navigate the forums and stuff but this is my set up.IMG_0001.jpg

2006 duramax lbz
Drive train.
Stock 205k
Efi live with dps5 switch
Stock trans
Arb rear locker

Wheels
Some ugly 16s
Bfg ko2 285/75r16

Suspension mods
Front.
Fox 2.0 with res
Cognito upper arms
Cognito tie rod ends
Cognito steering brace kit
Cranked torsional to level truck

Rear.
Fox 2.0 with res
Air lift ultimate 5000 bags
Torklift stable load
Prp limit straps

On board air
Air zeinith ob2 compressor
Hornbasters 2.5 gal tank
Vixon 4 trumpet horns

2016 northstar 850sc
Torklift frame mounts
torklift fastgun tie downs

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Sunny and thanks for posting a pic of your fine rig. You will just have to learn how to rotate the pic. Your truck looks great and I am sure you will find lots of helpfull people here to give you any advice you need. Our resident GM guru is Larry who know almost everything about our rigs. He can help you with almost everything. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Sunnyddeelite

Welcome to the site Sunny and thanks for posting a pic of your fine rig. You will just have to learn how to rotate the pic. Your truck looks great and I am sure you will find lots of helpfull people here to give you any advice you need. Our resident GM guru is Larry who know almost everything about our rigs. He can help you with almost everything. Cheers, Chilli...:)
Thanks chilliwak. Yeah sorry for the picture lol I am not the most technologically advanced person.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site. And always nice to see another LBZ running around. I convinced two of my other friends to buy LBZ's. They are amazing trucks and are very underrated for back country travel.
You can read through my build (see link in signature) to see what I have done and where I have taken it.
Jack

Last edited:

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
Hey there, a hearty welcome to a fellow Duramax owner!

I had a '98 6.5 Duramax in a Chev Express 3500 and drove the hell out of it all over America, in and out of places I shouldn't have really taken a rear wheel drive. Engine was still going super strong at over 550,000 miles when I retired it because I found my current rig for a good deal. The van was starting to have some body and odd-ball minor issues, but not really with the engine. Sold it to a guy who parted it out, I think.

Driving an '08 6.6 Duramax now in a GMC Savana 2500 that was upgraded with 3500 parts by Penske, and have over 375,000 on this one. Gonna have the engine gone over real well by the local diesel fleet guys and get some front end work by my local mechanic, then taking it back out for an exploratory multi-week trip later this summer, hopefully, then a much longer multi-month trip next Spring.

See you out there somewhere, someday.

Road

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice update with the new sliders Sunny. Can they hold the weight of the vehicle? If your pics are coming up sideways here its probably because you are posting from an iphone. Try rotating them before uploading. Looking forward to seeing more. Cheers, chilli...:)

Sunnyddeelite

I got them made up in Sacramento ca. His shop is called stellar built. I paid 800 for them and it was same day service so that was kinda nice. I was going to just get new steps but 400 for something to get beat up again I decided to go with these.

Sunnyddeelite

I am posting on my iPhone lol thanks for the tip. I am not sure to be honest. I feel like they probably could without my camper but that's a lot of weight and the frames of theses trucks aren't boxed in so it makes me nervous. They are made out of 1 3/4 .120 thick dom tubing and are attached at 5 point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles